Getting in the game
- A scholarly addendum. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Jul1988, Vol. 176 Issue 8, p90
Describes the Dolben Library at the Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield, Mass., designed by Architectural Resources Cambridge Architects. Difficult site; High Victorian buildings on a New England campus; Designs and plans.
- Getting out the teenage vote. // Independent School;Winter97, Vol. 56 Issue 2, The Reporter p7
Focuses on the Voting Opportunities for Teenagers in Every State (VOTES), a mock presidential election conducted by students at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts in 1997. Result of the election; Issues regarding the country where the students are very concern.
- Take Note. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p3
Reports on the efforts of the Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield, Massachusetts to rebuild the barns that got destroyed in a conflagration. Historical background on the barns; Number of students participating in the barn raising program held in May 2002; Advantages of working in the...
- Postmarks. // Teaching Music;Jun94, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p23
Reports that Sheila Heffernon has directed Northfield Mount Hermon School's 100th annual Concert of Sacred Music.
- One hundred years later, students rebuild a barn. Rafert, Samara // Independent School;Summer2002, Vol. 61 Issue 4, The Reporter p11
Focuses on construction of a replacement barn by students at Northfield Mount Hermon School, Massachusetts in consideration of three barns at the school that were destroyed by a fire in 2000. Development of the students' skills in timber framing while constructing the barn; Number of students...
- A sweet deal. // Independent School;Fall94, Vol. 55 Issue 1, The Reporter p5
Reports on Mass.-based Northfield Mount Hermon School student Yoshi Tajima's shipment of maple syrup samples that had been collected from campus trees to Japan. Maple syrup-making as part of school's farming project; Volume of maple syrup produced by students.
- NMH Renews Deep South African Ties. // Independent School;Spring2003, Vol. 62 Issue 3, Special Section p7
Reports on the visit of South African President Thabo Mbeki to Northfield Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts in September 2002. Close relationship between the school and South Africa; Former leader of South Africans who graduated from the school; Efforts of the school to enhance its...
- Take Note. J. Hoff, David // Education Week;12/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the astronomical discovery of a 73rd Kuiper Belt Object (KBO) by three senior students of Northfield Mount Hermon School in Northfield, Massachusetts. Details on the object; Object's difference from other KBO.
- Seeking asteroids, finding more. Newcomb, Amelia // Christian Science Monitor;12/8/98, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p11
Mentions the discovery of a previously unknown Kuiper Belt object, an icy body about 100 miles in diameter left over from the formation of the solar system. How the discoverers were 11th and 12th-graders at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts; The process of finding the object now...