Menu boosts appeal
- SALES UP 20%: Forbes Hosp. cafe making hay. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in sales generated in the Haymaker Cafe vending area of the Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, Pennsylvania as of May 15, 2003. Percentage of the sales increase; Background on the vending area; Dishes served in the Haymaker Cafe.
- Coffee shop on pace to exceed forecast. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on the annual sales forecasted by the Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio for Kobricks Coffee Cafe, a coffee shop located at an office building that houses its hospital employees. The coffee shop's customers are hospital employees involved in non-direct patient and others...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospital marshals new cafe experience. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the 2005 increase in cafeteria sales at the Marshall Medical Center in Placerville, California by improving the menu, customer service and upgrading the seating area. Best selling foods at the cafeteria; Menu items introduced by the chef; Example of high-quality ingredients being...
- More hospitals consider spoken menu options. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Reports on hospitals' consideration for spoken menu options in the United States. Efforts of hospitals to increase customer satisfaction; Use of traditional and non-select menu selection process.
- New cafe takes root. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the opening of the Harvest Cafe at Forest Hills Hospital in New York City in February 2005. Advantages of the cafe for the hospital; Dishes offered by the cafe; Efforts of the cafe to provide healthy food choices.
- AND BOOSTS SALES IN PROCESS: Children's Hospital cafe improves staff interaction. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p36
Focuses on the Sodexho-managed cafe at Children's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Concepts installed in the cafe; Details of the cafeteria's floor plan; Information on Sodexho's At Your Service room service program for patient meals.
- BY 30%: Shands expands entree offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the menu cycle at Shands Hospital on Gainesville, Florida. Changes in the menu entrees; Information on weekend menus; Focus of the restaurant.
- More choice on the menu means less wasted food. // Nursing Standard;6/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the experiments conducted at the Wexham Park Hospital and Eastbourne Hospital in England where patients were given more menu options for their daily meals. Research finding that a la carte menus would save money, boost patient and staff satisfaction and help tackle malnutrition;...