Panasonic turns up volume
- Convenience Store Sales Forecasting: Art before science? Wood, Steve // European Retail Digest;Fall2006, Issue 51, p15
The article focuses on the techniques for determining the optimal location and sales of convenience stores. The emphasis on micro-scale scheme-related issues signifies that a thorough appraisal of the proposed site achieves greater importance than with large stores. Superstores are conducive to...
- Anything for Foodservice. Master, Melissa // Convenience Store News;9/19/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that two convenience store clerks in Shawano, Wisconsin honored their promise to dress in drag for a day when their store sold 200 food products in 24 hours.
- PUTTING ON A GOOD FASCIA. Bennett, Stephen // National Petroleum News;Aug2003, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the factors that influence the exterior design and appearance of convenience store sites in the U.S. Quest for additional profit centers; Importance of the brand quality to be perceived by the customers; Factors driven by the need for more space.
- Concepts, variables and classifications. // Retail Trade;Apr2015, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p66
The article offers information on retail trade industries in Canada including its concepts, variables and classifications. It notes that the retail trade sector is composed of establishments engaged in retailing merchandise. The variables of retail trade include sales, trading location, and...
- C-stores can 'cash in' on waste fears. // Independent Retail News;1/25/2013, p5
The article reports that the convenience stores requested people to reduce the amount of food they wasted to increase its sales of fresh food.
- Ordering Up Success. Sheetz, Travis; Harris, Jim // Retail Merchandiser;Sep/Oct2012, p78
The article centers on Sheetz convenience stores that operates more than 428 locations in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Maryland with offerings including hot and cold sandwiches, salads and hot dogs. Customers at each Sheetz location can specify exactly what they want on their sandwiches by using...
- Fast food helps drive profits at Euro Garages. // Forecourt Trader;Dec2012, p7
The article reports on the increase in profits posted by Euro Garages, an independent forecourt group based in Blackburn, Lancashire, England, in the 12 months to July 31, 2012, that was attributed to growth in convenience retail and fast food sales, according to its latest annual trading update.
- Category advice. // Convenience Store;9/28/2012, p76
The article offers tips to convenience stores on increasing sales of butter, spread and margarine (BSM), including using pack colors as visual triggers for shoppers, separating BSMs into popular categories for easy access and having a clear store layout to facilitate quicker selection.
- Bulking up. // National Petroleum News;Jul2006, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the heightened share of coffee sales in the total sales generated by convenience stores in the U.S. Coffee sales was estimated to account for 31.86 percent of food service sales in 2005. Majority of stores nowadays are featuring highly visible coffee bar that will attract...