Virginia Speaker Outlines Hefty Transportation Initiatives
- Kansas house green-lights debt-free transportation plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30587, p3
Reports on the passage of a bond-free transportation bill in the Kansas House of Representatives. Differences of the bill to the state Senate's version; Reasons of the bill's authors for not including bonds in the transportation plan; Revenue bonds outstanding of the state.
- Transportation budget brawl is brewing. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/15/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 50, p4A
Reports on the defeat of the Transportation Bond Act in the United States. Transportation infrastructure improvement programs in Long Island, New York; Details of the bond proposal.
- North Carolina House Looks at Speedier Transportation Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p4
The transportation committee for the North Carolina House is discussing a bill on April 22, 2003 that would move forward the sale of $700 million of general obligation bonds that were authorized by voters in 1996. Concerns have been raised over the past few months that some projects that were...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Albanese, Elizabeth; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31140, p31
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in the United States as of May 2001. Vote of approval by Ann Arbor Public Schools for the bond referendum to improve school facilities; Conclusion of the New Ohio Institute on state aid increase for urban high poverty schools;...
- Transportation bonds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;06/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30412, p9
Reports that the passage of the Federal Transportation Equity Act signed by President Bill Clinton in June 1998 can increase bond sales for highway and mass-transit projects according to Bradley Mincke, senior analyst with Van Kampen American Capital Inc.
- ISTEA renewal can melt the LCV freeze. Morton, Roger // Transportation & Distribution;Dec96, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p79
Opinion. Comments on the US Department of Transportation's truck size and weight study scheduled for completion at the end of December 1996. Impact on Congress' formulation of the 1997 Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act; Imposition of a freeze on the expanding use of Longer...
- HOMETOWN NEWS BRIEFS. // Munday Courier (TX);4/12/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p1
The article offers news briefs related to transportation legislation in Munday, Texas such as the city council resolution on the city codes enforcement, and an ordinance on traffic flow.
- Washington observer. Winston, Sherie; Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/27/98, Vol. 241 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the United States government policies affecting the engineering industry. Appointed head of the Naval Facilities Engineering Command in 1998; Information on the Airport Improvement Program; Increase in funding for the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century.
- Give truckers an inch, they'll take a ton-mile. Wilner, Frank N. // Railway Age;May97, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p76
Presents information on the American Trucking Association's move to eradicate federal and state limitations on the operation of long-combination vehicles (LCVs). What the truckers used to convince Congress to grant states the option to increase maximum gross vehicle weights in 1974; Number of...