Debt-Heavy Plans Don't Cloud D.C.'s Upbeat Forecast
- Positively Albany. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's raised its credit outlook on the Albany city government of N.Y. from positive to stable. The improvement is attributed to the city's economic development and public investment. Albany will sell taxable and tax-exempt general...
- California Budget Troubles Likely to Affect Local Tran Plans, S&P Says. SASKAL, RICH // Bond Buyer;4/29/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33106, p24
The article discusses the forecast of Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) regarding budget struggles that may have an impact on local government agencies and districts in California. S & P states that budget constraints may pressure local agencies to issue tax and revenue anticipation notes in 2009. S...
- News In Brief: Lafayette, Calif., GOs Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p2
Reports that rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. has raised Lafayette, California's general obligation debt rating from AA-minus to AA. Benefits of rating upgrade for the city.
- City rating affirmed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p39
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) A-minus rating on New York City's general obligation debt. Negative outlook for bonding; Criticism on the city's reliance on non-recurring revenues to mantain budget balance; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s affirmed Baa1 rating; Boost to Mayor David...
- Strong State Revenues Prompting Tax Cut, Spending Plans, S&P Says. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p6
The article reports on the statement announced by Standard & Poorï¿½s Corp. which states the necessity of lawmakers to cut taxes and unveil new spending proposals for the year due to strong state revenues. The director of the agency Robin Prunty said that trend of increased state revenue has...
- Pima County, Ariz., Regional Transportation Upgraded to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F319, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised its rating to AA-plus from AA on the Regional Transportation Authority of Pima County, Arizona's transportation excise tax revenue bonds and also presents the statement of Standard & Poor's credit analyst Sarah Sullivant.
- S&P Upgrades Conroe, Tex. Debt 2 Notches to AA-minus. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p2
The article reports on a rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. on Conroe, Texas' water and sewer system revenue debt. The rating agency upgraded the city's debt two notches to AA-minus from A based on the system's good financial performance, as evidenced by strong liquidity and debt service...
- S&P revises California's GO debt to positive. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p36
Reports that Standard & Poor's has revised its outlook on California's outstanding general obligation debt from stable to positive. Ratings given by other rating agencies; Reason for the upgrade; Factors that helped the state reduce its deficit in the unreserved general fund balance.
- S&P Lowers California's GO Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded California's general obligation debt as of April 24, 2001. Factors that contributed to the downgrading of the state's debt; Retention of the state's rating on CreditWatch with negative implications.