U.S. Prosperity Cycle Near: Economist
- Economist: Worst May be Yet to Come. // Mortgage Servicing News;Jun2007, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p19
The article focuses on the impact of the housing downturn on the economy of the U.S. in 2007. It is stated that the housing downturn is expected to shave about three-fourths of a percentage point off economic growth during the first half of 2007. Meanwhile, economist Diane Swonk believes that...
- HOW NOT THE DOW? Lim, Paul J. // U.S. News & World Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p40
Reports on the United States economy, in light of government figures showing a 9.4 percent growth in worker productivity in the third quarter. Discussion of whether the Dow Jones industrial average will cross the 10,000 mark; Reasons to think the national economic recession is over; Rise in...
- Short Run Macroeconomic Performance and Economic Freedom: Can Economic Growth Rates be Higher and More Stable? Lipford, Jody W. // Journal of Private Enterprise;Sep2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Economists have examined the effects of economic freedom on economic outcomes such as growth, income inequality, and quality of life. Yet, economists have not examined one of the chief criticisms of market capitalism: unstable growth. In this paper I examine the link between market capitalism,...
- SOME ISSUES OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND OF DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS. Dowd, Douglas P. // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Sep67, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p149
The article discusses that economic development and growth have become the very center of inquiry for economists today, almost to the point of tediousness. When economics began in the eighteenth century, it had much the same emphasis as today, for many of the same reasons. There are, of course,...
- The Passionate Economist (Book). // Across the Board;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p77
Reviews the non-fiction book 'The Passionate Economist: Finding the Power and Humanity Behind the Numbers,' by Diane Swonk.
- ANNUAL MEETING REVEALS OPTIMISM. // Panel World;Mar2014, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p49
The article discusses the highlights of the 2013 Engineered Wood Association (APA) Annual Meeting held on November 2-15, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency in Huntington Beach, California featuring APA members and Engineered Wood Technology Association (EWTA) members, staff, and spouses. Speaker and...
- Economist: Housing Continues to Drag on Economy. // National Mortgage News;5/14/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p28
The article reports on the impact of the housing problem on the economic growth in Chicago, Illinois. According to economist Diane Swonk, the cold weather will be the start of the spring home buying season and slowed homebuying at the start of the normal busy period. Problems in the subprime...
- Oct. Payrolls Rise; Jobless Rate Down. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p2
No abstract available.
- Municipal Prices Follow Treasuries Down Following Unfriendly Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31758, p2
No abstract available.