School Flat Tax?
- Three Blind Elephants. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p16
Comments on the way several Republican politicians deal with school finance and tax bills in Texas. Texas Governor Rick Perry; Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst; Texas Representative Tom Craddick (R-Midland).
- Tax advantages to transferring wealth to children. Harris, Charles // Fort Worth Business Press;01/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p21
Comments on key trends and developments relevant to tax policies in the U.S. designed to transfer wealth and income producing assets to children and family members. Imposition of tax on the making of a gift; GST tax policies; Provisions of Section 529 Plans for payment of expenses for higher...
- Battle brews over Texas tax. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;5/5/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that the Texas state senate is scheduled to vote on a constitutional amendment involving advertising tax. All Texas senators are co-sponsors of a plan proposed by Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst and Education Committee Chairman Florence Shapiro to reduce local property...
- Texas Official to Seek Sales Tax Hike for School Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31614, p3
Reports on the proposed legislation of lieutenant governor of Texas David Dewhurst of a school finance proposal to increase the state's sales tax. Provisions of the legislation; Expected amount of sales tax for the state; Criticism of the state's school finance proposal.
- Recent Changes in the Bank and Corporation Franchise Tax Act. Traynor, Roger J. // California Law Review;Sep33, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p543
Discusses the changes made in the taxation of banks and corporations in California in 1929. Corporations taxable under the act; Definition of the term 'doing business'; Details on the property tax offsets.
- Hank, Meet Herb. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Asia;1/7/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the thing that should be done by the U.S. government to prevent another economic crisis. What the government should do is to substantially cut individual and corporate income tax rates and eliminate the alternative minimum tax. Such moves would quickly swing the economy...
- Wealth tax -- the Diamond Report. Sanford, Cedric // Accountancy;Sep75, Vol. 86 Issue 985, p30
The article reports on the legislative developments related to the distribution of income and wealth and issues about capital taxation in Great Britain. It has been said, that although too late to affect the commitment, at least the Diamond Report has appeared in time to influence the nature and...
- After new programs pass, Mich. panel weighs taxes. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;11/10/93, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the Michigan Senate's weighing of a tax plan that would replace all of the school funds lawmakers cut when they abolished local property taxes in the summer of 1993. School-reform committee's passing of programs changing the state's educational system; Trust fund for two years of...
- The Tax Act of 2001 - This Year's Challenge. Boyd, Thomas; Cortese-Danile, Teresa M. // Review of Business;Spring2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on the challenges to the U.S. Tax Act of 2001 which affects taxpayers for the rest of the decade. Process of personal tax reduction in the nation; Enhancement to pension plans made possible under the law; Effect of the law on education finance.