Norman Weighs GOs
- Ballots full for city election. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);3/14/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p1A
The article reports on the candidates for the May 12, 2007 municipal election in Burnet County, Texas for the position of mayor and four city council members.
- The local vote. Taylor, Rupert J. // Canada & the World;Jan1994, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p18
Comments on municipal elections in Canada and reports that they never generate the same level of interest the federal or provincial votes do. Division of most municipalities into wards; Abolition of the ward system in Vancouver in 1935; The Coalition of Progressive Electors; Use of plebiscites...
- APPENDIX 1. // International Journal of Regional & Local Studies;2011/2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1/2, p188
A table is presented outlining the results of the 1922 communal elections of Eupen-Malmedy, a group of municipalities in Belgium.
- Elections postponed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/17/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the postponement of municipal elections in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in September 2004. Schedule of the election; Reason behind the postponement; Number of municipal council members to be elected.
- Safety expenses require tax reform. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p3a
Reports on the preparations for the City-County Council elections in Indianapolis, Indiana which will focus on local government finances. Reintroduction of a county tax plan; Discussions on structural budget deficits; Plans for the levying of taxes.
- Hinterland Dreams and Midwestern Rails: Public Power and Railroading in Nineteenth-Century La Crosse, Wisconsin. MORSER, ERIC JOHN // Enterprise & Society (Oxford University Press / USA);Jun2009, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p376
Historians of the nineteenth-century American Middle West typically pay scant attention to the financial and regulatory role that smaller cities played in forging a regional railroad network. This article, however, explores railroading in La Crosse, Wisconsin, to demonstrate that politicians and...
- Postponing parish elections sends wrong message. Singletary, Mark // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p3
The article reflects on the issue regarding the indefinite postponement of New Orleans Parish elections for mayor, city council and sheriff in Louisiana. The postponement, which was imposed by Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco and Secretary of State Al Ater, has created oppositions initiated by...
- Women in Canadian Municipal politics: two steps forward, one step back. Kopinak, Kathryn M. // Canadian Review of Sociology & Anthropology;Aug85, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p394
Using an ex post facto variant of quasi-experimental design, this study assesses the nature of women's increased election to municipal office. Hypotheses derived from both pluralist and conflict models of election to government office are tested in this in-depth study of one Canadian community...
- MUCHAS DUDAS, ALGUNAS CERTEZAS Y ESCASO ENTUSIASMO. LAS ELECCIONES MUNICIPALES 2010 EN URUGUAY. Cardarello, Antonio // Revista Uruguaya de Ciencia PolÃtica;ene-dic2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p63
This paper presents a description of the electoral system implemented for the election of municipal authorities recently established in the decentralization and citizen participation law. Beyond the motivations that led to its implementation, it is interesting to analyze some of the efects that...