Nichols Hills Debt
- INDIANA: Utility Bonds Power Down. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/28/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32762, p9
The article reports on the declination of the ratings of Indianapolis' gas utility system from Aa3 to A2 rated by the Moody's Investors Service in Indiana. The utility bonds declination manifests the Citizens Gas and Coke Utility's failure in 2005-2006 to establish debt service coverage worth...
- Govt aligns tax treatment of onshore and offshore bonds. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/28/2013, p66
The article reports on the British government's plan to change the tax treatment on onshore bonds regarding "chargeable gains." It is noted that investment gains on onshore and offshore bonds are treated differently under current rules in Great Britain. It is mentioned that the proportion of any...
- Indy Bond Bank Plugging the Drain. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/22/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33102, p1
The article reports on the plan of Indianapolis Public Improvement Bank to enter the market by the end of April 2009 to refund a trio of troubled variable-rate water revenue bond issues in Indianapolis, Indiana. It notes that the troubled bond issues lead the officials of the Indianapolis' water...
- Analysts Address Fears Over Bush Plan's Effect on Closed-End Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p1
Reports on the clarifications made by financial analysts in the U.S. regarding the impact of a multi-billion dollar tax plan by President George W. Bush as of January 2003 on closed-end bond funds. Treatment of distributions made by these funds to shareholders under the tax plan; Factors...
- Tolleson, Ariz., Voters To Decide $110 Million of Bond Questions. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p28
Reports the decision of the voters on bond questions at Tolleson, Arizona. Expansion of the wastewater treatment plant; Categories of bonded-infrastructure needs; Finance expenses for wastewater and sewer system upgrades.
- Best Corporate Debt Issues. Savage, Shirley // Global Finance;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 7/8, p8
Presents financial debt issues around the world as of August 1999. Information on debt issues by Olivetti subsidiary Tecnost; Details on Germany's Mannesmann issuance of eurobond via Mannesmann Finance of Netherlands; Information on bond issuance by Elektrim, a Polish telecommunications provider.
- Some California Muni Utilities Restructure Debt to Fend Off IOU Competition. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p8
Focuses on the move of some California municipal utilities to restructure debt to fend off investor-owned utilities competition. Goal of eliminating generation debt; Reduction of stranded costs and improvement of stance in an open electric environment; Standard & Poor's positive outlook on...
- Fuelling fear. // Utility Week;5/212010, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the increase in utility debt inquiries to Citizens Advice offices in England and Wales in 2009.
- TAX TRENDS AND BOND FINANCING. // Tax Lawyer;Fall68, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p123
Focuses on the significance of tax trends for bond financing in the United States. Maintenance of equity in the tax system; Stability of the municipal bond market; Enactment of legislation intended to provide a particular tax benefit.