Munis Steady, Long End Outperforms; $277M Vanderbilt Deal Goes to Retail
- Munis End Stronger as More Deals Price. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/20/2016, p26
The article reports that arrival of bigger deals on the municipal bond market pushed top-rated bonds to end stronger on January 20, 2016, when Washington state offered two competitive deals amounting to 672.57 million U.S. dollars.
- BMA: Projects Could Automate New-Issue Reporting. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;9/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
States that the Bond Market Association (BMA) working with the Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. on projects to resolve the lack of pricing data on new issues of municipal bonds. Plan of the BMA to automate new-issue reporting; Admission by the BMA that it is partnering with i-Deal LLC and...
- SIFMA Provides Input on Issue Price. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;1/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33653, p6
The article reports on the claim of Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association Inc. (SIFMA) that there are misconceptions on marketing of municipal bonds and the issuance of guidance on price of bonds in 2012 in the U.S.
- Market Post: Munis Going Out Strong. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;12/31/2014, p14
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market on December 30, 2014. Topics covered include the pricing by Bank of America Merrill Lynch of a 233.63 million U.S. dollars composite remarketing deal for three issuers, the decline in the yield of the benchmark 10-year...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 27. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32163, p2
The article presents information about the securities market as of June 27, 2005. The government securities prices and municipal bond index are given. The Bond buyer's total was $10.703 billion.
- Munis Unchanged Amid Quiet Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Marrhew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32545, p2
The article focuses on the performance of municipal bonds in the bond market as reported by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for January 2007. The prices of municipal bonds were unchanged due to the lack of issuance in the secondary market. Moreover, investors are focused on an...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
The article reports on the results of negotiated bond sales in the U.S. market as of November 19, 2014. These include revenue bonds from the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, multifamily housing revenue bonds from the Golfside Villas Apartments Project, and refunding bonds from the...
- Indexes Fall Sharply, With One-Year Note at Record Low. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/16/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33043, p7
The article focuses on the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes in the U.S. The recent municipal bond trading session shows a much firmer in price compared to the previous weeks however, it caused some traders to wonder of how long such momentum would last. Meanwhile, the one-year note index, which...
- Market Post: Muni Primary Heats Up as Bond Prices Slip. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Municipal bond traders are focusing on the week's hefty new issue calendar, which is kicking off with the sales of several big-ticket items. Municipal bond yields are moving slightly higher Tuesday, continuing the market sell-off that began last week.