Guynn: Fed Not Done Hiking Fund Rates
- Atlanta Fed's Lockhart: Policy Actions Should Be Viewed in Total. // Financial Update;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p3
The article presents views of president Dennis Lockhart of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta regarding the U.S. federal reserve's policy of decreasing long-term interest rates. He stated that the new "maturity extension program" will promote economic recovery. He also shared his views on some...
- Guynn Examines Effects of Low Interest Rates. // Financial Update;Apr-Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
As growth in the U.S. economy gains momentum, the Federal Reserve will at some point need to reassess its current accommodative monetary policy stance, said Jack Guynn, president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Georgia. Guynn expects the strong pace of growth...
- Santomero: Fed Eyes Are On Inflation. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p2
Highlights the statement of Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia President Anthony Santomero that U.S. Federal Reserve Board is prepared to speed up rate hikes if it sees consistent signs of emerging inflation. Federal Reserve's transition from an accommodative policy stance to a neutral one;...
- Understanding the New York Fed's Survey of Primary Dealers. Golay, Ellen Correia; Friedman, Steven; McMorrow, Michae // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article offers information on the Survey of Primary Dealers (SPD) of the New York Federal Reserve. It states that the survey is produced by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York before the meeting of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). It mentions that the SPD focuses on...
- Lockhart Urges 'Patience' On Monetary Tightening. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33497, p2
The article reports on the statement of Dennis Lockhart, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, that the Fed can afford to exercise patience regarding tightening its loose monetary policy.
- New Commemorative State Quarters, 1999-2008. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2005, p117
The article reports that beginning in January 1999, a series of 5 quarter dollars with new reverses are being issued each year through 2008, celebrating each of the 50 states. To make room on the reverse of the commemorative quarters for each state's design, certain design elements have been...
- Chicago Fed Index Slumps to -0.74. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32572, p2
The article provides updates on the Chicago, Illinois Federal National Activity Index for 2007. The federal index was negative 0.74 for January, down from an upwardly revised positive 0.36 reading in December, originally reported as positive 0.04. According to Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, in...
- Pianalto: Fed Must Guard Against Creating Problems. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33863, p2
The article reports that, according to Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland presidentSandra Pianalto, Fed must ensure that future actions don't introduce uncertainty and create problems to the economy.
- Kocherlakota: Hold Rates Until 2017. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;10/8/2015, p1
The best monetary policy to spur the economy would be "reducing the target range for the fed funds rate, not increasing it," and certainly not increasing the target this year or next, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis President Narayana Kocherlakota said Thursday.