Chicago Credit Boost?
- Privatized Skyway still not ruled out. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/2/94, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p58
Reports on the possibility of privatizing Chicago Skyway despite the government's effort to refinance the tollroad.
- New waves at the Skyway. Elstrom, Peter J.W.; Lashinsky, Adam // Crain's Chicago Business;8/16/93, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p8
Reports on Chicago Skyway's and the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's plans to acquire updated equipment. Scanning equipment to speed up traffic; Automatic vehicle identification equipment.
- Concrete Ideas May Improve Budgeting. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/27/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p20
The article reports on the efforts of several U.S. states to improve their budget. It states that on May 19, 2008, the state of Pennsylvania announced it had sold the Pennsylvania turnpike to an investment group. The city of Chicago in Illinois has privatize the Chicago Skyway. It was sold for...
- Chicago Skyway Concession Sold to Canadian Pension Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34411, p1
A consortium of Canadian pension funds will take over the lease rights to the Chicago Skyway toll road for $2.8 billion.
- Chicago Skyway Concession Sold to Canadian Pension Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;11/16/2015, p20
The article reports taking over of lease rights to the Chicago Skyway toll road by the consortium of Canadian pension funds.
- Moody's Improves Chicago Outlook, Citing Skyway Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32059, p44
The article reports that Moody's Investors Services Inc. has rated Chicago as stable, with a $1.83 billion infusion from the privatization of the Skyway toll road. The rating agency released a report revising its negative outlook back to stable. The agency rates the city's $5 billion of...
- Unipetrol sale starts October. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p9
Reports the start of the privatization of Unipetrol in the Czech Republic in October 2003. Completion date of the restructuring efforts; Reason for the failure of its first attempt to privatize.
- Toll Road Teams. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p31
Reports on the submissions from nine teams interests in purchasing the rights to operate the Chicago Skyway toll road in Chicago, Illinois. Review of the submissions by city budget officials, Goldman Sachs & Co. and Loop Capital Markets Inc.; Launch of a competitive bidding process once the...
- Skyway blues. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;1/17/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p2
This article reports that Mayor Richard M. Daley and aldermen all but donned lampshades to celebrate a corporate group's $1.82-billion bid last fall to lease the Chicago Skyway. The huge privatization will shore up the strapped city budget and ease pressure on taxpayers â€” and provide at...