Colorado's Roaring Fork School District Catches Up With $86M Sale
- Texas' Northside School District to Hit Market With $131M Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the efforts of the Texas' Northside Independent School District in going into market on March 8, 2007 with $131.2 million of building and refunding bonds. It highlights that the bond will mature from 2009 to 2037 and carry a triple-A ratings. Furthermore, in May, the...
- Missed It By That Much. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32455, p27
This article reports that at least three school districts in Oklahoma lost municipal bond elections in August 2006. Almost 59.2 percent of voters supported a $11.9 million bond issue to build a new middle school in Sallisaw School District. The measure was defeated by 16 votes. About 56 percent...
- Arizona USD to Sell $41M Tranche of $162M Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p4
The article reports on the intent of Paradise Valley Unified School District No. 69 of Maricopa County, Arizona to sell general obligation bonds authorized by voters. The negotiated sale will be on March 28 or 29, 2006. Bond proceeds will be used to rebuild an existing school, demolish some...
- Houston School District Heads to Market with $193 Million GO Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/12/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32048, p29
The article reports that the Houston Independent School District in Texas has decided to go to the bond market with a US$193 million general obligation deal that marks the third installment from a US$808.6 million authorization approved by voters in 2002. The bonds, which will reach final...
- GETTING BY WITH LE$$. Dianis, Laura // District Administration;Mar2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on means for increasing revenue and reducing budgetary red tape in school districts in the U.S. Difficulty for California school superintendents to balance their budgets due to bills introduced by state legislature; Founding contributions from corporations. INSETS: HOSPITALITY...
- New Mexico Extends Wait for School Districts Wanting Piece of $100 Million Pie. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p34
Reports on the funding of school districts in New Mexico. Division of the 100 million dollar pool; Sales of short-term revenue bonds.
- Colorado Seeks Settlement in Suit Alleging Bias in School Funding. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30880, p1
Reports that Colorado officials are hoping that their pledge to pay 190 million dollars to correct inequities in school funding will settle a lawsuit alleging a bias in the way the state provides capital funds to poor school districts. Details of the settlement proposal; Details of the funding...
- Texas schools may get windfall from legislature. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;
Reports that Texas school districts will benefit from several proposed bills in the Legislature. Program to equalize funding; Additional distribution of state money to school districts.
- Pressure Mounts For Overhauling Finance Systems. Keller, Bess // Education Week;02/07/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the calls to overhaul education finance systems in the United States. Changes in distributing money to school districts; Demands for tax relief.