IRS: Texas Development Corpus $171M of Debt May Be Taxable
- Proposed Regulations Modify Arbitrage Regulations. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article reports on the proposed regulations by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to change the current arbitrage regulations. These rules include the integration LIBOR-based swaps, allowing yield reduction payments on certain advance escrows and permitting electronic bidding of...
- IRS Identifies 24 Issuers That May Have Done Yield Burning. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31874, p5
Reports on the identification of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of several issuers that may have violated arbitrage rules in advance refunding transactions by engaging in yield burning in the U.S. Consideration of counting the cost of a put option in an advance refunding defeasement escrow...
- Escrow funds proposals. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on proposed regulations from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on reporting income from escrow funds.
- IRS Survey Uncovers Yield Burning. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p1
Reports the completion of the survey of Internal Revenue Service on the arbitrage violations in the U.S. Examination of issuers that advance-refunded debt in 1989 or 1990; Change of investment of bond proceeds from the advance refundings; Result showing the involvement of yield burning in the...
- IRS on Hunt for Arbitrage: Targeted Survey to Begin in Three States. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p1
Reports on a project launched by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to survey randomly selected municipalities that have failed to rebate arbitrage owed to the federal government. Findings of other such surveys; Provisions for rebate under the Tax Reform Act of 1986; Decision of IRS of narrow...
- IRS May Put More Resources Into Voluntary Closing Agreements. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p5
Reports the plans of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to attend to voluntary closing agreements in the U.S. Transfer of agents to work on voluntary agreements; Concentration of IRS on abusive transactions; Statement regarding arbitrage by national director Mark Scott.
- Giving Something Back. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports on the improvement of the rebate services in the United States Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Priorities of the bond division to speed up the refund claims processes; Major cause of the problems in the refund claims division; Reasons for the adjustment made by the IRS in some refund...
- Disclosures Raise Some Concerns. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;9/30/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33987, p1
The article focuses on disclosing the voluntary settlements of tax disputes with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, and disclosuresof U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that will notice and then take enforcement action against the issuer for securities fraud violations.
- Yield-burning case reportedly settled. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30409, p8
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service and the city of Fairmont, West Virginia have agreed to settle charges of tax law violations stemming from an yield-burning investigation of a 1988 sewer refunding bond issue. Case background; Terms of the settlement deal.