Merger threatens Paris Bank's tender-option bonds' rating
- French deal would create 2d-largest global bank. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;2/2/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the agreement of Paris, France-based bank Societe Generale to acquire investment banking group Paribas. Acquisition cost; Naming of the combined bank as SG Paribas; Ranking of the combined bank as the second largest in assets in the world; Planned cost savings in 1999; Operations in...
- SocGen, Paribas would become no. 6. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;02/08/99, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p1
Reports on Societe Generale and Paribas Capital Markets Group's merger in a stock swap deal which will create the world's sixth-largest custodian bank, SG Paribas. Total value of the deal; Appointed managers; Terms of the merger agreement.
- Fitch and S&P give lukewarm reviews to societe generale-paribas merger deal. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;2/4/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p11
Focuses on Fitch IBCA and Standard & Poor's Corp. rating agencies' assessment of the planned merger deal of Societe Generale SA-Paribas Capital Markets Group in France. Rating alert with positive implications of Paribas; Belief that the combined entity would do little to enhance the two banks'...
- Lebanon. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/13/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p23
Reports that the Paribas Capital Markets Group and Banque Indosuez have been appointed to arrange a syndicate of banks to provide export credits for the construction of marine defenses for a central district in Beirut, Lebanon. Agreement of French export credit agency, Coface to act as guarantor.
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.
- Hillcrest Stays Put. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the bond rating for the outstanding Series 2000 bonds of the Montana Health Facilities Authority.
- GOs to Go. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Nevada.