Date set for tranche of California GOs
- Selling school GOs a key goal of California's treasurer-elect. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p1
Reports on California Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides' plan to begin issuing state school bonds as soon as he takes office in January 1998. Value of the general obligation bond measure; Democratic sweep of California's elected offices; Proposal to create a new financing program called `Smart...
- Angelides' program will enhance school bonds with pension system backing. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p3
Focuses on the agreement of the California State Teachers Retirement System to offer financial backing to local school bonds issued as part of a new program created by state Treasurer Phil Angelides. Credit enhancement in exchange for the system's agreement to back the bonds.
- Angelides asks Fong to OK school bonds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30541, p30
Reports on California Treasurer-elect Phil Angelides' call for outgoing Treasurer Matt Fong to authorize the first phase of the school bond referendum that voters approved in November 1998.
- Angelides Endorsement. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p37
The article reports on the official endorsement given by the delegates at the Democratic convention to the campaign of California Treasurer Phil Angelides for governor. It provides information on the percentage of the candidates garnered by Angelides to come forth for the nomination against...
- Prominent California Democrat announces candidacy for treasurer. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p32
Reports that former California Democratic Party chairman Phil Angelides has announced his candidacy for state treasurer. Promise to work for a rating upgrade for the state; Advocacy of additional state-issued debt; School funding as cornerstone of his campaign platform; Achievements as party...
- School Funding Fix. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the introduction of legislation that calls for bonds to be issued to address the inequities of South Carolina's funding of its education system. Beginning in fiscal 2007 and continuing for four fiscal years, an additional 300 million dollars in state school facilities...
- California Treasurer Again Moves Financial Conflict-of-Interest Deadline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p7
Reports that investment banks have until August 2003 to comply with California treasurer Phil Angelides's investment protection principles designed to eliminate conflicts of interest between the firm's bankers and research analysts. Reasons for postponement of the deadline to the abovementioned...
- Angelides to Investors: Governance Matters. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Presents information on the advice of California State Treasurer Phil Angelides to investors with regard to corporate governance in the financial market.
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.