Zeros' volume was down, but issues were up
- Zero-coupon bonds. // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p26
Enumerates the advantages of zero-coupon bonds in the United States. Payment of secondary market trading; Bonds taxation and redemption.
- Opportunity for better returns. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;10/06/2000, p48
Discusses the benefits of investing in zero coupon bonds in South Africa. Guarantee by underlying government bonds; Bond rating on zero coupon bonds; Rate of return on investments.
- San Diego Schools Get Creative to Buy Now and Pay Later. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p47
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the San Diego Unified School District to finance school facilities in San Diego, California. Reliance on zero-coupon bonds borrowing; Total amount of bonded debt from capital appreciation and coupon bond structure; Dependence of the bond maturity...
- Implied savings accounts are unique. Döberlein, Frank; Schweizer, Martin; Stricker, Christophe // Finance & Stochastics;2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p431
Abstract. An implied savings account for a given term structure model is a strictly positive predictable process A of finite variation such that zero coupon bond prices are given by B(t, T) = E[sup Q] [A[sub t]/A[sub T]|F[sub t]] for some Q equivalent to the original probability measure. We...
- Psst...Buy Bonds. Kadlec, Daniel // Time;10/19/1998, Vol. 152 Issue 16, p124
Discusses zero-coupon bonds, or bonds which pay no current interest and are sold at a deep discount to their face value. How the low interest rates in the United States in October of 1998 are helping zero-coupon bonds; Mutual funds like American Century Benham Group Target Maturities which...
- ZERO-COUPON BONDS. Oglesby, Darren Wayne // Concise Encyclopedia of Investing;2007, p80
A definition of the term "zero-coupon bonds" is presented. A bond with no coupons sold at a deep discount to its face value and the maturity date is greater than the initial investment, thus its closing face value is called a zero-coupon bond. They pay nothing until the issue matures, thus...
- ZERO-COUPON CONVERTIBLES. Oglesby, Darren Wayne // Concise Encyclopedia of Investing;2007, p80
A definition of the term "zero-coupon convertibles" is presented. Also known as split-coupon bonds, these are zero-coupon bonds issued by a corporation that could be converted to a common stock when it reaches a predetermined price. Suitable for trading at a small premium over conversion value,...
- zero coupon bond, zero coupon fund. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p287
A definition of the term "zero coupon bond or zero coupon fund" is presented. It refers to a bond issued at a discount.
- THE PRICING OF PREMIUM BONDS. Livingston, Miles // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep79, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p517
The article considers the pricing of premium bonds. The author seeks to determine the appropriate bond pricing equation for premium bonds under the assumption that taxpayers elect the amortization of the premium on a straight line basis as a deduction from regular taxable income. The author...