University of Texas hopes to save $6 million with first swap
- Carbon nanotubes flex their muscles. // Industrial Ceramics;Apr2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p60
The article reports on the development of new carbon nanotube forests, which would flex when electrically charged, by the researchers at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Dallas to Host NSF Nat'l Educational Contest Finals. // India -- West;8/8/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 38, pB16
The article focuses on the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the North South Foundation, a non-profit organization by hosting an educational contest at the University of Texas at Dallas on August 16 to 17, 2014 which includes brain bee, essay writing and public speaking competition.
- University of Texas to issue bonds with strong ratings, broad interest. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30473, p32
Reports on the Dallas, Texas-based University of Texas' effort to attract investors into buying its revenue bonds to be issued on September 1998. Investors' rating of the university's revenue financing system bonds; Issuance of bonds to current refund commercial paper used for capital projects;...
- Students extend library hours. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;4/15/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the provision of the library at the University of Texas-Dallas to remain open 27 more hours a week helping night students with extra study hours. Source of capital for the provision.
- University Center Will Feature MM-Wave Characterization. // Microwaves & RF;Apr2010, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the partnership between Agilent Technologies Inc. and the University of Texas at Dallas to create a millimeter and sub-millimeter-wave electronics characterization facility at the Texas Analog Center of Excellence (TxACE).
- Lost weekend. D.M. // Texas Monthly;Dec93, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p124
Reports on the events that transpired during University of Texas (UT)-Oklahoma University (OU) weekend in December 1993. Wildness and rowdiness of usual Texas-OU weekends; UT senior student Bryan Burk's appearance during the game; City officials' declaration that the Texas-OU weekend had to...
- New Hire Takes U. of Texas' Finances by Horns. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p30
Reports that Terry Hull has been appointed finance director at the University of Texas-Dallas. Details of his work experiences.
- RUG. // ABQ Correspondent;Feb2013, Issue 207, p1
This article focuses on a thread developed by a research team from the University of Texas, Dallas, which could contract or relax under electronic control.
- New Potential Target for Cancer Therapy. // USA Today Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 142 Issue 2821, p6
The article focuses on a study related to the anti-telomerase cancer therapy process alternative splicing, conducted by researchers at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas.