Lymphogranuloma venereum in the differential diagnosis of proctitis
- Treatment of Lymphogranuloma Venereum. McLean, Catherine A.; Stoner, Bradley P.; Workowski, Kimberly A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/2007 Supplement, Vol. 44, pS147
Background. Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) classically presents with 1 or more genital ulcers or papules, as well as inguinal lymphadenopathy (buboes). Recently reported cases of LGV proctitis in men who have sex with men, many of whom are coinfected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), have...
- Burden of syphilis infections in Shenzhen, China: a preliminary estimation. Hong, F.-C.; Feng, T.-J.; Cai, Y.-M.; Wen, L.-Z.; Pan, P.; Lan, L.-N.; Lai, Y.-H.; Zhou, H.; Liu, X.-L.; Lin, S.-P.; Chen, G.; Chen, X.-S. // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p115
Information on the prevalence and incidence of sexually transmitted infections is important for developing prevention and control strategies and allocating human and financial resources. However, there are no available estimates of such information for many areas in China. In this study, we used...
- THE LGV OUTBREAK. Brady, Tom // Gay Community News;Jan2015, Issue 301, p44
The article reports outbreak of the sexually transmitted infection LGV in Ireland. The Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV) is found to be prevalent in men who have sex with men. Many patients also suffer from HIV infection and other Sexually transmitted Infections (STIs). The article mentions that...
- Lymphogranuloma venereum. Wager, Gael P. // Contemporary OB/GYN;May2002, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p129
Presents information on lymphogranuloma venereum. Cause of the disease; Pathophysiology; Stages that characterize the clinical course of the disease; Bases of the diagnosis of the disease; Treatment.
- Linfogranuloma venÃ©reo posterior al contacto sexual con una burra: reporte de un caso en pediatrÃa. Cartagena, Colombia. Pinzón Redondo, Hernando Samuel; Causil Garcés, Ceyla; Bayter Gómez, Carmen Yulieth; Redondo Bermúdez, Cesar; Alvis Guzmán, Nelson // Revista de Enfermedades Infecciosas en Pediatria;oct-dic2012, Vol. 26 Issue 102, p234
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a sexually transmitted infection caused by serotypes L1, L2 and L3 of Chlamydia trachomatis. It is rare in industrialized countries and endemic in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Most cases are caused by L2. LGV is reported in children for more than sixty years....
- STDs: Head Them Off Early. MCTAGGART, FRED // HEALTHWire Features;Jun2016, p1
The article offers information on symptoms and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It mentions that high risk group include persons who have multiple sex partners and sexually active and men who have sex with men. It suggests the use of condom and to limit sex partners to prevent...
- Make This Virus Vanish. Sowka, Joseph; Kabat, Alan G. // Review of Optometry;11/15/2007, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p114
The article presents a case study of a 47-year-old white male with herpes simplex virus (HSV) and who had complained of moderate pain in his left eye. Aside from pain, he had lacrimation and photophobia with 20/30 visual acuity. A discussion of the pathophysiology and management of HSV is...
- Lymphogranuloma venereum major cause of C. trachomatis in MSM. Shafer, Emily; Volansky, Rob; Zacharyczuk, Colleen // Infectious Disease News;Oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p40
The article discusses a study published in a 2013 issue of "The Journal of Infectious Diseases" that examined lymphogranuloma venereum as a cause of Chlamydia trachomatis in men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Aetiology of vertebral compression fractures in men 50 years of age and older. // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p39
Presents an abstract of the study `Aetiology of Vertebral Compression Fractures in Men 50 Years of Age and Older,' by S. Moore, R.C. Hamdy and L.A. Cancellaro, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.