Increasing private delivery of publicly funded services?
- TOP PUBLIC COMPANIES. // HomeCare Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
Presents a brief on a few top ranked health care public companies.
- EDITORIAL. Polzella, Mary // ACORN: The Journal of Perioperative Nursing in Australia;Summer2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
No abstract available.
- Operating department support level 2 NVQ: Some perceptions. McAleavy, Janet // Journal of Perioperative Practice;Sep2006, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p448
New roles for support staff are emerging and registered practitioners are now being asked to devolve key aspects of patient care. This study explores some of the background issues relating to these developments and provides evidence regarding the inevitability but also benefits, if managed well,...
- STORIES FROM THE OPERATING ROOM: MORAL DILEMMAS FOR NURSES. Killen, Aileen R // Nursing Ethics;Jul2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p405
This article explores stories related by perioperative nurses when asked to describe ethical judgements and subsequent actions that affected patient outcomes. A total of 214 patient care situations were analysed for moral actions taken and moral outcomes achieved in the perioperative arena....
- Share your knowledge with nurses in Africa. // International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p7
The article reports that the MÃ¶lnlycke Health Care will be providing full sponsorship for two Great Britain perioperative nurses to teach along side Friends of African Nursing (FoAN) in Africa. The sponsorship is the company's way of demonstrating their commitment to improving levels of...
- Teamwork in operating room nursing as experienced by Finnish, British and American nurses. Silén-Lipponen, Marja; Tossavainen, Kerttu; Turunen, Hannele; Smith, Ann; Burdett, Katharine // Diversity in Health & Social Care;2004, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p127
This study explores teamwork in operating room (OR) nursing, and the factors that improve or hinder it, as experienced by Finnish, British and American OR nurses (n = 30). A descriptive phenomenological approach was used to inform the use of a critical incident technique in collecting and...
- Safe staffing saves lives. Reid, Jane // Journal of Perioperative Practice;Apr2006, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p157
The article reports on the publication of the Association for Perioperative Practice (AfPP) entitled "Staffing for Patients in Perioperative Setting." The publication contains principles in staffing and skills for quality care and patient safety. It is for risk managers, clinical managers, and...
- ODPs and PGDs: getting on the list. Booth, Helen // Technic: The Journal of Operating Department Practice;Mar2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
The author offers a background on the College of Operating Department Practitioners' (CODP) involvement in work to include operating department practitioners (ODP) in patient group directions and its plans to improve the quality of care in Great Britain. She details CODP's activities which...
- Clippings Into the '90s. // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Nov2004, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p474
Presents several clippings regarding health activities and health tools published in the November 2004 of "British Journal of Perioperative Nursing."