Asset Location; A Generic Framework for Maximizing After-Tax Wealth
- A Multiple-Horizon Approach to Asset Allocation in the Retirement Portfolio. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses a multiple-horizon approach to asset allocation in retirement portfolios. One of the most important financial planning decisions is determining optimal asset allocation in retirement portfolios. The article offers a spreadsheet-based algorithm that uses a...
- Active Asset Allocation. Jahnke, William // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p38
This article focuses on active asset allocation in investment and financial planning. Investment management is organized around asset allocation and security selection. When it comes to asset allocation, two assumptions are commonly, but not necessarily employed: markets are efficient and the...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p28
Presents guidelines for widows on personal financial planning. Number of women in the U.S. who lose their husbands each year according to the U.S. Bureau of Census; Importance of updating beneficiary designations and estate plan; Review of asset allocation and investment portfolio.
- Retirement: Don't Outlive Your Money. Lynott, Bill // American Drycleaner (American Trade Magazines LLC (ATM));11/01/2014, p46
The article offers ways on how retirees can manage their money. It suggests that retirees should review their bank and brokerage statements every month to add up their manageable assets. It also recommends that they should simplify their finances, diversify their assets and re-balance their...
- ESTATE OF AFFAIRS. Szabo, Joan // Entrepreneur;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p58
Significance of selecting beneficiaries in an estate plan to entrepreneurs. Savings from proper beneficiary selection; Disadvantage of improper estate planning;Importance of naming secondary beneficiaries to the estate plan; Provisions in the plan.
- retire RICH. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p68
Shares tips, strategies and secrets for the best ways entrepreneurs can accumulate wealth and at the same time retire rich. Importance of reducing startup risks through insurance; Investment strategy that is recommended by most investment advisors in the U.S.; Need to balance current income with...
- Women & Money. McRae, Sheiresa; Benton, Jermine; Burns, Renita; Royal, Leslie E.; Smith, LaToya M.; Wallace, Shenelle // Black Enterprise;Feb2010, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p71
The article discusses how women develop a money management plan while dealing with life challenges and stages. It features resources and a list of steps in developing financial action plan and building wealth that will last for generations to come. It tells about money management, investing, and...
- Don't Box Me In. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial Planning;Sep2005, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p167
Defines equity style box. Information on the use of the style box in asset allocation selection; Components of the style box; Description of the four-corner and non-corner strategy.
- Rethink Your Legacy. Bigda, Carolyn; Jeffries, Alexis // Money;Jun2009, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p78
The article discusses various financial questions that people face regarding the money they plan on leaving to their children. Estate planning topics that are discussed in the article include the benefits that exist in giving money to benefactors before a person dies, giving the same amount of...