Rational Investing Despite Irrational Behaviors
- Can Emotion Affect Financial Markets? // Financial Update;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p29
Examines whether emotions of human beings can affect investment decision making.
- Put your money where your motor is. Pavia-Rauchman, Carolyn // AutoWeek;04/20/98, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p14
Presents information on the impact of emotions on investment decisions. Indication that real estate is a good way of investing; Problems encountered when giving financial advice; Reference to a comment from the late Malcolm Forbes.
- Unlocking the secrets of investor behaviour. Subedar, Zaffar // Money Management;11/20/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 44, Special section p5
The article discusses how emotions and decision-making processes affect the behaviour of financial planners in Australia. It presents the different factors that affect the behaviour of investors in addressing concerns from clients, which include relaying limited information, making decision...
- BEING EMOTIONAL DURING DECISION MAKING--GOOD OR BAD? AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION. Myeong-Gu Seo; Barrett, Lisa Feldman // Academy of Management Journal;Aug2007, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p923
This paper examines the link between affective experience and decision-making performance. In a stock investment simulation, 101 stock investors rated their feelings on an Internet Web site while making investment decisions each day for 20 consecutive business days. Contrary to the popular...
- Designing a successful investment program. Karpinski, Joseph P. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p58
Discusses the healthcare organizations need for a comprehensive investment management programs. Healthcare organizations asset pools; Establishment of an investment policy and guidelines; Asset allocation; Internal or external investment management; Evaluation on the investment performance.
- Computers entering new Wall Street era. Powers, David F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/20/96, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p15
Presents advice on investing in technology stocks. Evaluation of segments including communications; Semiconductors; Computer hardware; Computer software.
- The Time Diversification Controversy. Connelly, Thomas J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on investment decision-making. More than any other professionals involved in the investment world, financial planners are sensitive to matching portfolios to client needs, preferences, and circumstances. There would appear to be a mis-match between relying on a closed,...
- Bad news. Good news... // Employee Benefits;Jun2010 Supplement, p2
The article reports on the potential of corporate wraps to make significant changes in the pension schemes to employees and companies in Great Britain. It talks about the importance of making more contribution and better investment decisions, the limitations of the traditional pension schemes,...
- Regret Avoidance and Risk Tolerance. Bailey, Jeffrey J.; Kinerson, Chris // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p23
This study investigates investment decision behavior. Specifically, the effects of a person's â€˜experienced regretâ€™ and â€˜anticipatory regretâ€™ are compared to the effects of an individual's risk tolerance on investment decision behavior. An individual's risk tolerance and...