Financial Planning and the Election: Moving Forward
- Report: Member Confidence Slumps At CUs. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;1/24/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the survey released by Discover Financial Services which indicates the continued decline of consumer confidence of credit union members on the overall economy and their finances in the U.S.
- Gas Weighs On Confidence. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/5/2015, pA01
2 The IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index fell 1.2 points to 46.9, the lowest since Nov., as sentiment in the West tumbled 7.9 points to 43.3. That coincided with a surge in gas prices in Calif., where sentiment hit a dismal 45.2. Nationwide, the 6-month outlook subindex worsened for a 4th straight...
- Confidence in Financial Security Rises. Barney, Lee // American Banker;12/22/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 197, p11
The article focuses on a poll by the Country Financial Security Index which shows that a continued rise in confidence in the financial outlook of Americans at the end of 2011; it mentioned that young people, led by Generation Y members, were the most optimistic in their outlook.
- Finnish consumers express conflicting expectations. // Market: Europe;Oct2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Discusses the consumer sentiment indexes in Finland as of October 2005. Security of Finns about the financial situations of their individual households; Reaction of consumers to unemployment; Average unemployment in the country according International Monetary Fund statistics.
- A CHEAP INPUT. Chinnery, Kevin // BRW;7/17/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p32
The article discusses the impact of factors, such as mortgage stress, high personal debt and the rise in unemployment, on consumer sentiment in Australia. It includes an in-depth analysis of how the factors affect consumer confidence, as well as a discussion on the issues' implications for the...
- Members More Confident. Morrison, David // Credit Union Times;11/10/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p30
The article discusses a survey conducted in September 2010 which found that credit union members are more confident with their personal finances than consumers and have more money saved to pay their bills.
- Model solution. McAteer, Mick // Money Marketing;8/2/2007, p38
The author reflects on how to address the high level of financial exclusion in Great Britain. According to the author, it is important to take the opportunity provided by the retail distribution review and Icob review to create a coherent and consistent regulatory framework that promotes...
- BRITS STILL BANK ON BREAKS IN 2013. TAYLOR, IAN // Travel Weekly (UK);11/8/2012, Issue 2142, p62
The article reports on a study which shows that about half of consumers in Great Britain plan to take a holiday in 2013 despite dwindling confidence in the economy. The study reveals that almost one-third of consumers feel less confident about the household economic outlook than in 2011....
- A surprising look at your money. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p88
Provides tips for managing personal finances.