People In The News
- Have your say... Jones, Karen; Spencer, Joanne; Keeling, Alex; Tyler, David; Britnor Guest, Anna // Director;Sep2013, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the July 2013 issue including "Can You Work As a Part-Time Director and Still Be Influential?" and "The Booming She-Economy."
- Texas ESL & Biology And Florida Math Power Harcourt To Top Of EM's 2004 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the market performance of Harcourt Inc. based from the journal's exclusive Adoption Scorecard for 2004 in Orlando, Florida. Percentage of share on estimated total sales from the adoptions being tracked; Role of publishers in the increase in competition for textbook adoptions;...
- Holiday bonanzas. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;1/11/2002, p28
Focuses on the number of shares received by directors of corporations in the United States. Types of transactions deployed by the companies; Move of MB Tech to sell amount of stock to institutional investors; Repurchase of plastic packaging business by Dougie de Jager.
- The Board And CEO Succession. Wackerie, Fred W. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 133, p7
Focuses on the role of the corporate directors in a corporation. Management on the financial issues of the company; Marketing strategies of the company; Assessment on the operation of the company.
- Needed: Marketing expertise on the board. Trout, Jack // NACD Directorship;May96, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p10
Stresses the need for marketing expertise on the corporate board. Importance of question bad ideas promulgated in the companies; Background on Alfred P. Sloann Jr.'s repositioning of General Motors' cars starting in the 1920s; Implications of better sales figures.
- Charnwood extends core collection. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2001, Issue 5254, p5
Reports the launching of the Lavenham upholstery collection from Charnwood Co. Enhancement of the collection; Statement of director Philip Watkin on the collection; Availability of the Rochford collection.
- What marketers must do to take board initiative. Thompson, Dianne // Marketing (00253650);9/19/2002, p22
Focuses on the lack of representation of professional marketers in the boards of corporations and rank-and-file boardroom level in Great Britain. Percentage of marketers believing in the role of their area in a company's success; View of marketing managers on marketing; Ways of increasing...
- Emerging Markets Update. G. M. S. // NACD Directorship;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p69
The article focuses on a discussion on emerging markets that was held by the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) in 2010.
- NSW venue focus. // Travel Daily;8/31/2012, p1
The article reports on the advertisement by the New South Wales government for the position of executive director for a new statutory authority that would manage several major venues across the area.