`Octopus' Aids Open-Heart Surgery
- Turkish Scientist Develops Special Needle and Thread For Heart Surgeries. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/15/2009, p67
The article reports on a special type of surgical thread and needles for heart surgeries that were developed by Turkish scientist Murat Dikmengil. The needles and thread, which were manufactured in Germany, were developed in an effort to shorten the length and increase the success rates of heart...
- Product pipeline. // Cardiovascular Devices & Drugs;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p36
The article focuses on a study which examined the safety and effectiveness of the Zilver PTX drug-eluting peripheral stent (DES), manufactured by Cook Medical, in treating peripheral arterial disease (PAD). The study compared the effectiveness of DES with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty....
- ARTIFICIAL HEART FROM IIT KHARAGPUR. Passi, Gouri Rao // Indian Pediatrics;May2009, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p449
The article reports on the development of an artificial heart by scientists at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Kharagpur after four years. The device is under trials in small animals. Its inventors have applied permission to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to conduct...
- SURGICAL PRODUCTS. // Surgical Products;Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
Presents several products from the surgical instruments and apparatus industry in the United States. Includes Daylight Xenon Fiber-Optic Headlight by Designs for Vision; Actiprep preoperative skin preparation by Healthpoint Ltd.; Malleable retractor systems by AdeptMed.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE. // Surgical Products;Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p6
Presents several products from the surgical instruments and apparatus industry in the United States. Includes Spectra-Lube by Spectrum Surgical Instruments; Instrument Marking Tape by Healthmark Industries; Sunnex HT708 series of examination lights by Vista Lighting.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE. // Surgical Products;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p4
Features information on recommended surgical equipments by different companies in the United States, compiled as of July 2001. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin-based Enthermic Medical Systems' EC230 electronic control warming cabinet for blankets; IOL cutter for explanting lenses by Denville, New...
- New products. // Surgical Products;Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p26
Features surgical products in the United States available as of February 2000. Includes surgical gloves from Regent Medical; Wound drainage system from SIL-MED Corp.; Medtronic Inc.'s brochure on esophageal function testing.
- Plus Size Instruments. // Surgical Products;Sep2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1
Introduces Plus Size OB/GYNE surgical instrument line from Thomas Medical Inc. Application of the instrument to bigger patients; Features of the product; Availability of the instrument.
- Aerosol safety in the OR: Help staff breathe easier. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug95, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the findings of a study on aerosols produced by surgical instruments conducted by Bionetics Corp. on behalf of the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. Sources of aerosol; Aerosol transport and diffusion; Ways to...