`Octopus' Aids Open-Heart Surgery
- SURGICAL PRODUCTS. // Surgical Products;Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
Presents several products from the surgical instruments and apparatus industry in the United States. Includes Daylight Xenon Fiber-Optic Headlight by Designs for Vision; Actiprep preoperative skin preparation by Healthpoint Ltd.; Malleable retractor systems by AdeptMed.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE. // Surgical Products;Jun2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p6
Presents several products from the surgical instruments and apparatus industry in the United States. Includes Spectra-Lube by Spectrum Surgical Instruments; Instrument Marking Tape by Healthmark Industries; Sunnex HT708 series of examination lights by Vista Lighting.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE. // Surgical Products;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p4
Features information on recommended surgical equipments by different companies in the United States, compiled as of July 2001. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin-based Enthermic Medical Systems' EC230 electronic control warming cabinet for blankets; IOL cutter for explanting lenses by Denville, New...
- New products. // Surgical Products;Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p26
Features surgical products in the United States available as of February 2000. Includes surgical gloves from Regent Medical; Wound drainage system from SIL-MED Corp.; Medtronic Inc.'s brochure on esophageal function testing.
- Plus Size Instruments. // Surgical Products;Sep2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1
Introduces Plus Size OB/GYNE surgical instrument line from Thomas Medical Inc. Application of the instrument to bigger patients; Features of the product; Availability of the instrument.
- Aerosol safety in the OR: Help staff breathe easier. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug95, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the findings of a study on aerosols produced by surgical instruments conducted by Bionetics Corp. on behalf of the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. Sources of aerosol; Aerosol transport and diffusion; Ways to...
- Left behind. Erickson, Sueellen // Materials Management in Health Care;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the recommendations for surgical count procedure from the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses Recommended Standards of Practice in the U.S. Prevention of incidence of retained articles in the body cavity; Recognition of missing surgical instruments; Use of optimum trays...
- Cleaner cuts, fewer scars. // Men's Health (10544836);Jan/Feb98, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p108
Reports that a scalpel made of obsidian promotes better healing after surgery. How the scalpel reduces scarring during surgery; Comparison between the sharpness of a scalpel made of steel and a scalpel made of obsidian.
- Surgical Patients And The Risk Of Retained Items. Mangan, Doreen // RN;Jul2003, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p74
No abstract available.