Shining the Spotlight on Education
- Beacon 2004 Awards: EDUCATION. // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p22A
Presents the recipients of the 2004 Beacon Awards given to cable TV companies for their commitment to education through TV broadcasting in the U.S. Literacy program launched by Comcast Cable Communications Inc.; Guests invited for Comcast's Student & Leaders initiative; Aim of the Everyday...
- Beacon 2004 Awards: COMMUNITY. // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p12A
Presents the recipients of the 2004 Beacon Awards given to cable TV companies for their commitment to community relations through TV broadcasting in the U.S. Aim of the Student & Leaders initiative of Comcast and C-SPAN; Information on Lifetime Television's Our Lifetime Commitment: Stop...
- Cable says movie playing field is level. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;09/29/97, Vol. 127 Issue 40, p66
Highlights cable television executives' comments regarding broadcast television networks' call for an Emmy Awards category for cable networks' made-for-television movies. Broadcast networks' allegation that cable networks have bigger movie production budgets.
- NCTA Shows Spirit Awards. // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the National Cable Television Association's (NCTA) March 2001 Community Spirit Awards, which honored outstanding achievement in local and regional cable television programming in the United States. Award categories; Judges.
- HBO's 'Six Feet Under' Leads Way on Emmys. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;9/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p17
Highlights Emmy awards won by various cable television channels in the year 2002. Number of awards won by the television program 'Six Feet Under,' telecasted by Home Box office (HBO); Other award-winning programs of HBO; Information on the movie 'Shackleton,' about an explorer Ernest...
- THE 60TH EMMY AWARDS. McCorkle, Chip // Fast Company;Sep2008, Issue 128, p43
The article discusses the 60th Emmy Awards program, which honors achievement in television, scheduled for September 6, 2008. The author notes that the 2007 broadcast fared poorly in the television ratings. It is suggested that the 2008 edition of the show might attract a larger viewership among...
- How the Finalists Were Chosen. // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p3A
Provides information on how the finalists for the 2004 Beacon Award were chosen by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association. Details of the first round of Beacon Award judging in Washington, D.C. on January 14 and 15, 2004; Number of judging volunteers; Number of points to be scored by a...
- 2004 Golden Beacon Award Finalists. // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p5A
Presents information on the 2004 Golden Beacon Award finalists. "Forensics in the Classroom," by Court TV; "Our Lifetime Commitment: Stop Violence Against Women," by Lifetime Television; "Students & Leaders," by Comcast and C-SPAN.
- Cable Gets Into Tech Emmys Race. // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p47
Reports on the nomination of several cable companies by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the 2004 Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards in the U.S. Nominees for enhancement of original-television content category; Nominations garnered by Cablevision; List of nominees in...