Cable, DBS Get in CES Stew
- Al-Jazeera: media pariah or pioneer? Higgins, Jonathan // Satellite Broadband;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p20
Comments on Al-Jazeera, the Arabic television news channel covering the U.S. war on terrorism in Afghanistan. Origins of the news channel; Revenue sources of the channel; Relationship with Cable News Network; Allegations against Al-Jazeera.
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- Red, White & Brown. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p22
The article reports that cable operators and satellite services providers in the U.S. have stepped up their efforts to pick up new viewers from audiences that identify with almost any country other than the U.S. Cable operators have a leg up among African-Americans while satellite has shown...
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.
- Satellite and cable scrap for digital aud. Tillson, Tamsen // Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the market share growth of cable and satellite television in Canada as of January 2003. Issue pointed out by Bell Express Vu director of communications Ron MacInnes; Factors which may impede the growth of satellite programming in the country; TEchnoloigcal development concerning...
- Brazil's DTH base grows as cable homes decline. Cajueiro // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p126
Reports on the growth of Brazil's direct-to-home subscriber base in the second quarter of 1999. Decline in the number of cable homes; Net growth in the country's pay television industry.
- Digital death match. Cooper, Jim; Klein, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/9/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 23, pSR4
The digital battle between major cable companies and direct-to-home satellite services in the U.S. is intensifying. Both sides, desperate to make their offerings attractive to customers increasingly willing to pay more for digital entertainment and information, are rushing new services to...
- Local Nielsens Back in Tussle. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p22
Presents the results of an analysis of Nielsen's data by the Television Bureau of Advertising on the satellite delivery of national cable networks in the U.S. Percentage of national alternate delivery systems penetration in February 2003; Increase in the percentage of direct broadcast satellite...
- Indian DTH Market Faces Challenges. // Satellite News;4/2/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p4
The article focuses on the challenges facing the Indian direct-to-home (DTH) market. In a report by the Cable And Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia, it stated that development of the DTH industry has been retarded by limits on platform operators' ability to use international satellites....