Arroyo Gets U.S. Deployments
- Report: Live Video Still Trumps Video-on-Demand. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/30/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p7
The article discusses Ooyala's "Q1 2012 Global Video Index" report, which tracks the viewing habits of viewers in 239 countries that found that viewers watched 53 minutes of live video per session on a connected television (TV), compared with 4.6 minutes of recorded or video-on-demand (VOD).
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p40
Presents programming highlights from the subscription video-on-demand offerings of several television networks for December 2004.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p24
A calendar of events related to cable television industry in the U.S. for 2009 is presented including the "Positively Cable 2009: Escape from the Planet of Mutant Broadband Hell" to be held at the Denver Tech Center in Colorado on June 16, the 2009 Minnesota Cable Communications Association...
- I Want My Pay TV. // Latin Trade (English);Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p50
Presents a graphical representation of the growth of pay for television subscription in Latin America from 1998 to 2001.
- Cablers try digital entry. Foreman, Liza // Variety;07/26/99, Vol. 375 Issue 10, p24
Unveils plans for the relaunch of the digital pay television (TV) market and Premiere World in Germany. Role of Leo Kirch in the digital pay TV market; TV network executives who are participating in the launching; Applicants for digital pay TV.
- AXN increases relevance to go up against terrestrials. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/29/2002, p19
Focuses on development plans of action and adventure pay-television channel AXN to increase its viewership in Indian subcontinent. Special program started by the channel for its viewers in South Asia; Reason for launching the India special program; Advertising support received by the program.
- Govt static for pay TV licensees. Bilan, Rica // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
Reports that pay television licensees in Hong Kong, China, are still in negotiations with the Chinese government over licensing fees two months after licenses were announced. Number of pay TV licenses issued; Conditions set by the government in relation to pay TV licenses; Aims in the issuance...
- Latin love for pay TV could be fading. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;02/08/99, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the results of a study on pay television in Latin America. Growth of the market; Effects of currency devaluation on the United States cablers; Increase in advertising sales.
- Pay-per-view gaining ground 'round the Continent. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;7/18/94, Vol. 355 Issue 11, p50
Makes observations concerning pay-per-view television (PPV) in Europe. Target subscribers of French PPV Multivision; Launch of five-channel PPV service in the United Kingdom; Benelux and Scandinavia as a hotbed of interactive activity in 1995; Doldrums in PPV industry in Germany; Plan by Italy...