SBC's Set-Top Brings DBS, DSL Together
- THINKING IN THE BOX. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/20/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 34, p5
Announces a collaboration between SBC Communications and EchoStar on a set-top box that will allow consumers to download and store movies from the Internet, as well as receive satellite television. Number of customers signed by the joint venture between SBC and EchoStar offering Dish Network TV...
- DirecTV Titanium. // InStyle;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p121
The article describes DirecTV Titanium, a remote controlled digital satellite television package that includes several HD-DVR receivers and nearly 600 channels.
- DBS is king of digital set-top boxes. Abraham, Michelle // Electronic News;09/21/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2237, p10
Discusses the implications of the increasing number of subscribers to direct broadcast satellite (DBS) television service for the DBS set top boxes market. Transition from analog to digital systems; Decision of BskyB to provide digital service; Unit shipments of digital DBS set top boxes;...
- DIRECTV's all-digital domain. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 13, p52
Features the Castle Rock Broadcast Center of DIRECTV Inc. Transmission of programs via two DBS satellites; Capability of handling 216 video and audio channels; Overview of digital equipment and scheduling system; Readiness of the center for launching.
- DirecTv offers dish dealers DBS role. SS // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 29, p13
Reports on the offer of Hughes Communications' DirecTv to backyard C-band dish dealers. Invitation to join the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative and consumer electronics outlets in marketing DirecTv's equipment and programing; DirecTv's launching of two high-power satellites;...
- June 17: The DBS era begins. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/94, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p41
Reports on expected small dish sales in the initial DBS `trial markets' starting June 17, 1994. Uncertainty by suppliers on the number RCA units they would have; First stores to offer in Jackson, Mississippi and Shreveport, Louisiana.
- New WORK Microwave DVB-S2 modem combines data, video for DSNG use. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;7/ 6/2012, p7
The article reports on the DVB-S2 Modem SK-DV announced by WORK Microwave which offers simultaneous transportation of data and live broadcasting over a single satellite carrier using DaVid technology.
- DBS systems drive set-top demand. // Electronic News (10616624);9/11/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2082, p28
Focuses on direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) ventures and reports that EchoStar Communications Corp. has chosen Philips Consumer Electronics Co. as an alternate source for receiving equipment, including MPEG-2-based set-top boxes. The Digital Sky Highway (DISH) network; The DBS venture,...
- LSI unveils single-chip satellite receiver. // Electronic News;11/13/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2091, p66
Looks at activities at LSI Logic in November 1995. The introduction of a single-chip satellite receiver which the company says will optimize power and board space at less cost that the company's previous two-chip solutions. Information about the L64704, which was designed for the direct...