- ON THE BLOCK. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1
Deals with the negotiations regarding the sale of Sigecom LLC. Information on the deal between Sigecom and Gans Communications LP; Background of Sigecom; Business performance of Gans Communication.
- Liberty Buys Into Belgium Cable. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p44
Reports on the acquisition of assets of Belgium cargo operator Telenet from Calahan Associates Belgium, by Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) in 2004. Background on LMI; Information on Telenet; Value of the Telenet stake; Views of analysts regarding the deal between Telenet and LMI.
- Knology: Adding a personal touch. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;May2000, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p99
Reports on Knology's growth in the American telecommunication industry. Range of services provided by the company; Locations of the company's franchises; Knology's growth strategy; Knology's marketing tactics in the industry.
- Malone takes Liberty to form Japanese co. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;12/1/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 42, p11
The article reports that moving to increase control over Japan's leading cabler, John Malone's Liberty Media International Inc. on Tuesday said it is forming a holding company with Sumitomo Corp. to pool their respective stakes in Jupiter Telecommunications. Under the pact Media International...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p57
Presents the latest news in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of June 2004. Amount of money raised by Rogers Communications Inc. upon the completion of a previously announced equity offering on June 16; List of existing major investors of QVC Inc.; Terms of the $750 million rights...
- LMI reports loss despite strong revenue. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/17/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 12, p12
Liberty Media International Inc. (LMI) posted a second quarter loss as losses at its European cable operations outweighed solid revenue growth across its businesses. In a regulatory filing, the company, recently spun off from John Malone's Liberty Media, reported a loss of $1.04 million,...
- Malone Eyeing More Japan Systems. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p35
Deals with the plans of Liberty Media International to consolidate cable television operators in Japan. Percentage of the company's ownership in Japanese multisystem operator Jupiter Telecommunications Inc.; Factors which make it feasible to consolidate the cable television operators in the...
- Gans Gets $88M to Fund Rebuilds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p8
Reports on multi-million dollar recapitalization of Gans Communications LP by private investor Nautic Partners LLC. Amount of senior debt facility obtained by Gans; Intended uses of the funds obtained; Comments of Gans president Joseph Gans III on the source of the funds.
- Malone Locks In Bid for UnitedGlobalCom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p39
Reports on the agreement of John Malone, chairman and CEO of Liberty Media International Inc., to acquire the remaining interest in UnitedGlobalCom Inc. on January 18, 2005. Remarks from Malone on the deal with the shareholders; Terms and conditions of the deal; Class-action suit filed by...