K.C. Burb's Muni Isn't OK With Time Warner
- Time Warner to Bank Data Fees. Haugsted, Linda; Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p2
Reports that Time Warner Cable is challenging the validity of franchise fees for high-speed broadband data delivery in the United States. Company's belief that cable-modem service is no longer subject to the cable fee; Overview on the court's decision which struck down Portland, Oregon state...
- TIME WARNER CABLE LOSES 306,000 VIDEO SUBSCRIBERS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/4/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p6
The article reports that Time Warner Cable (TWC) has lost more than 306,000 video subscribers in the U.S. in the third quarter ended September 30, 2013 as well as 24,000 broadband and 28,000 voice members, respectively.
- To court they go. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the court battle between New York City and Time Warner Cable, over the carriage of Fox News Channel. Time Warner's attempt to bar New York from running the Fox service on a government access channel; City's plans to depose Time Warner Chairman Gerald Levin.
- App flap divides H'wood, cablers. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Daily Variety;3/25/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 59, p1
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will be facing a litigation from one of the major film production companies regarding its iPad application that transmits live television channels within a subscriber's home in the U.S.
- WORLD'S 50 LARGEST BROADBAND PROVIDERS. // Multichannel News;12/2/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p26A
Presents a list of world's 50 high-speed data providers as of December 2002. Position held by Korea Telecom Corp. of South Korea; Number of subscribers and delivery methods of Time Warner Cable Inc. of the U.S.
- Time Warner Cable taps C-COR.net for OSS. // CED;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p18
Reports the deployment of the software application module Network Service Manager by Time Warner Cable. Automation of the service delivery process among the cable operators; Integration of the standards-based network management strategy and customer care; Observation of the growth of the...
- Michael Adams. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p13
Profiles cable professional Michael Adams, vice president and principal network architect of Time Warner Cable. Information on the recognition given to his digital television primer 'OpenCable Architecture'; Background of Adams; Factors that led to his participation in the cable business.
- BROADBAND SHIFT. // Multichannel News;3/26/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p22
The article reports that top publicly traded multiple system operators (MSO), including Comcast and Time Warner Cable, has started to shift towards broadband in the U.S. in 2011.
- Business Services Important for Cable Ops. // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p31
Presents news briefs on broadband communication operators in the U.S. as of September 29, 2003. Levels of services of Time Warner Cable's RoadRunner Business Class; Reasons for the industry's shift in emphasis toward larger customers; Action taken by Comcast Corp. to realign the business...