Closing the POWER GAP
- RESEARCH. HAUGSTED, LINDA // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p24
The article reports that direct-broadcast satellite providers continue to top cable operators in satisfying their customers in the U.S., according to the quarterly American Customer Satisfaction Index issued by the University of Michigan on May 15, 2007. The ranking is relative because the video...
- DISH & Lifetime back together. Forever? Joyner, Ashley Tusan // New York Amsterdam News;2/9/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p4
The article informs that as a result of collapsed rate renegotiations between leading women's network duo Lifetime Television/Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) and popular satellite television provider DISH Network, the December 31, 2005 expiration of DISH's carriage contract with Lifetime had forced...
- Where Are Cord-Cutters? Signing Up for Cable, Satellite. // Television Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the growth of satellite television in the U.S. It states that many consumers are leaving cable and turning to satellite and telecommunication companies. It mentions that satellite companies have always campaigned harder on the value proposition and most offer better...
- Al-Jazeera: media pariah or pioneer? Higgins, Jonathan // Satellite Broadband;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p20
Comments on Al-Jazeera, the Arabic television news channel covering the U.S. war on terrorism in Afghanistan. Origins of the news channel; Revenue sources of the channel; Relationship with Cable News Network; Allegations against Al-Jazeera.
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- DirecTV leads rapid ramp-up of digital channels. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/30/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 22, pA7
The article reports on United States cable and satellite television broadcasters' expansion of their digital channels. According to the author, DirecTV has initiated the trend by launching 72 national channels to increase its satellite coverage. Meanwhile, EchoStar's Dish Network has opened...
- Red, White & Brown. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p22
The article reports that cable operators and satellite services providers in the U.S. have stepped up their efforts to pick up new viewers from audiences that identify with almost any country other than the U.S. Cable operators have a leg up among African-Americans while satellite has shown...
- SAT SUBS MORE SATISFIED. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the increase of cable operators' video-on-demand and high speed data offerings to match the growth rate and consumer appeal of DBS rivals. Rate of cable compared to the satellite rates; Consumer satisfaction in satellite services; Criteria of greatest weight for customer satisfaction.
- Black Shopping Network moves into marketplace. // Advertising Age;5/30/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the expansion plans of Black Shopping Network, a cable home shopping service aimed at African-Americans in the U.S. Show features; Testing of satellite broadcasting of the show.