Voices That Give Cable Customer Service a Face
- It's a Great Day to Review Your Telephone Answering System. King, Ruth // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2000, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p24
Points out to contractors the importance of evaluating their companies' telephone answering systems. Potential customers' receiving of their first impression of a company through the person who answers the telephone; Value of providing a scripted way for answering the telephone; Usefulness of...
- Practice-based customer care. Hancocks, Stephen // Vital (17417503);Winter2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p56
The article reflects on the importance of right script in the practice-based customer care. It mentions that answering machines provide a great convenience but the scripted messages are worst as they get out of sync. It states that telephone queuing messages are dreadful as it makes people to...
- Answering the Telephone When the Office is Closed. Rosch, Gary D. // American Bar Association Journal;May78, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p766
Focuses on the use of telephone answering machines or telephone answering services in offices. Pros and cons of answering services and answering machines.
- Phony medium. Welsch, Roger L. // Natural History;Jun93, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p28
Comments on how a telephone was first used by the inventor Alexander Graham Bell in 1876. Frustration of the author with telephones and playing phone tag with acquaintances; Annoyance associated with telephone messages.
- Is voice ready to be recognized? Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p11
Analyzes the feasibility of voice-recognition technology in a customer relationship management context. Advantages of the system over human counterparts; Initial customer experience with the technology; Elements of successful system deployment.
- Hello, May I Speak with a Human? Marx, Patricia // Time;7/11/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p76
Presents a satirical dialogue between a caller and an automated telephone information system.
- Southern Bell puts voice mail on hold. // Marketing News;11/12/1990, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p32
The article announces that telecommunications company Southern Bell has agreed to temporarily stop marketing the new Memory Call voice-mail system offering to businesses after complaints of unfair competition arose from existing answering service companies. The Florida Telemessaging Coalition...
- Hear and now. Furman, Dan // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p230
Discusses speech recognition technology. Component of a complete telephony-based speech solution; Impact of its growth on creative services that a provider can offer; Market potential of speech recognition.
- Voicebank adds sophistication. // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p64
Reports that British Telecom PLC has added features to its Voicebank telephone answering service in Great Britain. Use of the service to provide an economical telephone answering service for both large and small businesses; Retrieval of calls; Customer service features; Contact information.