- And She Said, 'Let Him Eat Cake'. // Television Week;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the episode of 'Crossfire,' wherein co-host Tucker Carlson was surprised by U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton with a shoe-shaped cake, in response to his vow to eat his well-worn shoes and his tie if 'Living History,' written by Clinton, would sell a million copies, which it did, as of...
- Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/1/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the search for people who will compete against the cast of the reality television programs "Real World" and "Road Rules Challenge" by producer Bunim-Murray. Estimated number of applications received by the company.
- STEWART IN EYE OF THE STORM. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;10/22/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 15, p17
This article reports that the normally staid TV program "60 Minutes" is jumping into the fray over the much-hyped spat between Comedy Central's satirical newscaster Jon Stewart and conservative CNN commentator Tucker Carlson. This follows Stewart's tirade against Carlson last week on CNN's...
- MSNBC wooing Carlson. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;12/21/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 57, p5
This article reports that MSNBC is making a play for Tucker Carlson to replace Deborah Norviile when she leaves her show in January, but CNN is also weighing a primetime show for the "Crossfire" co-host. MSNBC is making a play for Tucker Carlson to replace Deborah Norville when she leaves her...
- Gay taboo-toppler MTV still carries torch. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;4/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 14, pA10
Discusses Music Television's airing of shows with gay characters such as 'The Real World.' Popularity of shows with gay characters; Demonstration of kisses between members of the same sex on camera; Offers of broader range of outlets for an increasing diverse slate of programming.
- Real World's New Orbit. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;10/18/99, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p14
Details the television broadcasting of `Real World,' one of MTV signature series, in September 2000. Episodes of the series; Television stations that have picked up `Real World'; Comments from Dick Kurlander of Petry Television on the series.
- Fantasies of Reality: Surviving Reality-Based Programming. Miller, Edward D. // Social Policy;Fall2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p6
This article charts a history of reality-based television programming. In the 21st century, innovation appears to be but a clever recycling of themes and structures. Television, even when it may appear salacious or violent or utilizing new filming or editing techniques, remains all too...
- Leaving Reality. Sullivan, John Jeremiah // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul2005, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p156
Details the experiences of several members of the cast of the reality television program, "The Real World". Plot of the program; Individuals who became famous because of the show; Challenges encountered by the celebrities after their stints in the show have ended; Views about reality television...
- UNREAL. Rodrick, Stephen // New Republic;12/5/94, Vol. 211 Issue 23, p9
Presents an article about applying for a role in the reality television program "The Real World." Requirements for applicants; Description of the application process.