ESPN'S 'TILT' SHOWS A STRONG OPENING HAND
- Missing link in Global Links. Aufderheide, Pat // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun88, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p41
Reports on the launching of the television documentary series "Global Links," which focuses on the issue of economic development. Reason why the World Bank has been omitted from the credits as one of the show's developers; Purpose behind the launching of the television program.
- BEST SPORTS-THEMED SERIES? WELL, THERE WAS 'COACH'â€¦. Grobaty, Tim // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p18
This article deals with the paucity of comedy or drama series about sports. Right off the top of your head you come up with "White Shadow," "Coach," "Arli$$," "Sports Night" and then things start to stall. You begin to realize just how large a number 10 is, and just how far you are willing to...
- ENTOURAGE. // Sound & Vision;Sep2006, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p92
The article reviews a box set of episodes of the television program "Entourage," released on DVD format.
- Religion and Neoliberalism: TV Serial Ramayana and the Becoming of an Ideology, 1980-1990. Singh, Vikash // International Journal of Zizek Studies;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on how the television (TV) serial "Ramayana" became an ideology in India. "Ramayana" is a popular program based on the Hindu epic with the same title that was aired from January 1987 to July 1988. The author states that the TV serial is a condensed example of the social...
- Killing Homicide: the Demise of a Cultural Icon. Davies, Paul // Metro;Autumn2006, Issue 149, p181
The article focuses on the issue regarding the dismissal of the television drama series "Homicide." The television drama had been able to keep re-inventing itself through many changes to the core cast and constant technological upgrading. However In mid-1975, there was a decision made to...
- A Blaze of Glory for 'The Sopranos'. Hibberd, James // Television Week;7/9/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p15
The article compliments the television program "The Sopranos." The television serial has topped the summer Critics Poll nearly every year. Even when critics were frustrated with the show, they considered its missteps the result of a noble experiment that transcended the competition. "The...
- Queer As Folk (SBS). Dunk, Tiffany // NW;10/3/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p79
This article offers information on the September 26, 2005 episode of the U.S. television series Queer As Folk.
- Relationshipism. Siegel, Lee // New Republic;11/18/2002, Vol. 227 Issue 21, p30
Reviews the television series "Sex and the City."
- GOODBYE TO Friends. Williams, Glen // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/9/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the final season of the television series, "Friends." Duration of the program; Significance of the television program to viewers; Overview of the first episode of the final series.