Former FX Publicist Gets Probation
- A Publicist's Downward Spin. Shallcross, Juliana // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p1
Provides information on a lawsuit filed against defendant Randolph Steven Webster by former employer FX Networks at the Los Angeles County district court in California in 2004. Reason of Judge Norman Shapiro for delaying his decision on the case; Arguments of the defendant; Career background of...
- Ten years ago in The Corporate Board. Pitt, Harvey L.; Groskaufmanis, Karl A. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 24 Issue 138, p29
Presents an excerpt from the article 'Director's Liability: No Fraud by Hindsight,' on lawsuits filed against corporate disclosure of adverse information, that was previously published in January/February 1993 issue of the journal 'The Corporate Board.'
- Freeman v Ultra Green Group Ltd. Benson, Claire; Jacobs, Caroline; McAvoy, Chris // Employers Law;Oct2011, p9
The article discusses a court case wherein the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) in Great Britain found that a retiring male employee of Ultra Green Group Ltd. committed a protected disclosure.
- Walgreens patient information lawsuit. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;May2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1092, p61
The article reports that customers of U.S. drugstore chain Walgreen Co. have filed a lawsuit, in which they have accused the company of unlawfully selling patient information, that was obtained from prescriptions, to drug companies for marketing purposes.
- Confidentiality: Disclosure Of Roommate's Name Does Not Violate HIPAA. // Legal Eagle Eye Newsletter for the Nursing Profession;Apr2006, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p7
The article discusses the case of Foley v. Samaritan Hospital involving a negligence lawsuit filed by a family of a deceased patient against the hospital where she died. Details of the case are given. The New York Supreme Court in Rensselaer County has ruled that the names of potential witnesses...
- Smith v. Cain (10-8145). Bradley, Amanda; Kaufman, Brooks; Shertzer, Edan // Federal Lawyer;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p64
The article offers a preview of the legal issue of disclosure of evidence in the U.S. Supreme Court case Smith v. Cain.
- CAN I SUE MY OFFENDER MANAGER FOR OASYS LIBEL? Risley, H. M. P. // ConVerse;Jun2011, p14
A letter to the editor asking suggestions for taking a libel action against offender manager or probation officer, and response by the editor to that letter is presented.
- Court Finds No Stigma Attached to Electronic Monitoring. // Journal of Offender Monitoring;2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the dismissal by the lower court on the suit filed by Rodney Smith in Texas federal district court over numerous issues pertaining to his stay in prison and placement within the state's Super Intensive Supervision Program.
- Treatment/Counseling. // Probation & Parole Law Reports;Mar2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses a court case filed in the Florida Court of Appeals wherein defendant Chico Cheeves appealed an order revoking his probation, emphasizing the things he did to comply with requirements of the treatment program.