Millenium Eyeing an Exit?
- Outlook a mixed bag for cable ops. Mermigas, Dianne // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the business status of the cable networks. Decrease on the earnings of cable operators; Decline on the investment of the network; Impact of the earning decrease on the cable operators.
- New Four-Letter Word: Capex. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the curtailment of capital expenditures of investors of cable television industry in the U.S. Reduction of capital expenditures by the multiple systems operators executives; Decision of Charter Communications Inc. to cut capex expenditures; Commitment of Cablevision Systems Corp. to...
- Canadian Cablers Aim to Loosen Regulations. Careless, James // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p50
Reports on the Canadian Cable Television Association's position on the issue of foreign investment and ownership in the Canadian cable television industry. Support given by the association to plans to boost regulatory flexibility in the sector; Major foreign investments in Canadian cable...
- MSO Execs Pour Cold Water on Overbuilds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p52
Reports on the diversion of investment toward competitive cable overbuilders in the United States. Pressure on cable television stocks; Available capital for cable operators; Promotional money in developing cable programming.
- The Street Warms to Cable. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p126
Comments on stock analysts' favorable perception of the United States cable television industry. Bullishness on the future of cable, especially in terms of advanced digital services; Investors' apparent patience with the industry.
- Fine-tuning digital. Kaufhold, Gerry // CED;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p58
Reports on trends in capital spending by cable television companies in the U.S. Investments on bandwidth upgrades; Capital expenditures on digital technology; Spending on different revenue-generating services.
- THE CHALLENGE OF STANDARDS. // Cable World (10427228);10/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p6
Presents a graph showing capital spending of the cable industry in 2002 and 2003.
- Welcome, Canadian Capital. // Multichannel News;7/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p31
In this article, the author discusses the investments made by the Canadian cable network companies in the U.S.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;8/31/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p30
Statistics are given regarding the investment made by cable operators for the upgrade of Internet and video services in the year 2014.