Threatened fishes of the world: Henochilus wheatlandii Garman, 1890 (Characidae)
- Threatened fishes of the world: Oligosarcus schindleri Menezes & GÃ©ry 1983 (Characidae). Carvajal-Vallejos, Fernando; Muñoz, Huascar; Barra, Evans; Argote, Adalid // Environmental Biology of Fishes;May2009, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p39
The article describes the endangered fish, Oligosarcus schindleri. It belongs to the family Characidae and is commonly called Platincho in Bolivia. It is silvery with a longitudinal dark band and a vertically elongated humeral spot and its jaws and ectopterygoids have caniniform and conical...
- Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Endangered Status and Designations of Critical Habitat for Spikedace and Loach Minnow. Jacobson, Rachel // Federal Register;2/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 36, p10810
The article focuses on the settlement agreement associated with the changes in the habitat of two declining fish species spikedace (Meda fulgida) and loach minnow (Tiaroga cobitis) from threatened to endangered habitat given by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. It is stated that changes...
- Proposed Rules: Critical Habitat for the Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri). // Endangered Species Bulletin;May/Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the proposed rules for the habitat of the Spectacled Eider by the Fish and Wildlife Service and National Marine Fisheries Service in the U.S. Designation of 74,540 square miles of coastal areas in Alaska; Nesting habitat on the North Slope, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta and adjacent...
- Incentives and land acquisition: key tools for restoring fish and wildlife habitat Hall, Daniel A. // Endangered Species Update;May/Jun1999, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p53
- No Habitat? No problem. Hattam, Jennifer // Sierra;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the concerns of environmentalists on the decision of U.S. President George W. Bush to withdraw key habitat protections for endangered populations of Northwest salmon and steelhead. Overview of the Endangered Species Act; Reasons for the U.S. Congress to add the habitat provision to...
- Fur flies in Japan. Hadfield, Peter // New Scientist;11/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 2108, p27
Reports that half of Japan's native mammals are in danger of extinction. Government's underestimation of the country's wildlife crisis; Degradation of habitat of the mammals.
- Animal Alert. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/24/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p2
Provides information on five endangered animals that live in North America.
- Habitat conservation planning and the Coachella Valley fringe-toed lizard Selzer, Paul T. // Endangered Species Update;Aug1989, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p28
No abstract available.
- Safe passage. Thwaites, Tim // International Wildlife;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p30
Questions whether conserved habitats throughout the world will be enough to ensure the lives of endangered species, with reference to the Project Tiger program in India. Problems which biologists are encountering with these habitats; Comments from John Seidensticker, a curator of mammals at the...