- American Securities Sells Robertson to Heico, Amid a Flurry of Aerospace Deals. Diakantonis, Demitri // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/21/2015, p1
Some recent deals include Nautic's acquisition of Aerostar and Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway's purchase of Precision Castparts
- CANADA'S LIVELY MARKET PLACE. Winsmore, Robert // Saturday Evening Post;7/28/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 4, p23
Comments on the developments in the stock market in Canada. Establishment of branch offices in Canada by American brokers; Statement by the author regarding the trading in securities in Toronto; Increase in the country's daily share volume.
- U.S. JOURNAL: FOREST CITY, IOWA. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;10/14/1972, Vol. 48 Issue 34, p157
The article describes the events that transpired one trading day at a brokerage office in Forest City, Iowa. Almost everyone in the back room owned some shares in Winnebago Industries Inc., a corporation that produces motor homes. That morning, "Wall Street Journal" had carried a column...
- Does the Customer Get Hurt by Internalization? // Traders Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 234, p18
The article discusses issues related to securities trading. Trading against client's stock orders is not necessarily bad. While internalization may appear outrageous, a study found no evidence that brokerage firms that heavily internalized orders suffered from execution quality interior to that...
- ECB Governing Council Approves T2S Migration Plan. Chenne, Janet Du // Global Custodian News;2013, p8
The harmonized settlement platform for securities in the eurozone took a step forward recently with the approval by the European Central Bank Governing Council of the migration plan of CSDs to the new platform.
- Standard Chartered to Pilot New Stock Connect Model. Parsons, Joe // Global Custodian News;2015, p5
The article reports on the bank Standard Chartered to launch an open access brokerage model for investors trading in the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect program at the end of March 2015. Topics discussed include the model to allow investors to use the bank to connect to brokers to execute China...
- STOCKS. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/22/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p30
Several charts are presented that list stocks prices of various companies including Omnova Solutions Inc., Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., National City Corp., etc.
- Portfolio Management. Zeikel, Arthur // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Fall81, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p66
The article suggests that developments in the securities markets from the mid-1970s to 1981 have led pension fund trustees to increase their commons stock exposure while considering alternative investment categories. A survey of pension funds trustees indicated their intention to place some cash...
- Study on Herding Equilibrium of Irrational Informed Trader. Xintian Zhuang; Jingjing Wen // Journal of Systems Science & Information;Jan2007, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p51
This paper studies the connection between the irrational behavior of traders and the herding equilibrium of informed traders in security market. At first, we set up the trading system on the condition of market maker, establish a trading model of perfectly rational traders, and then define...