Panel Looking at DC Transit System Recommends Sales Tax to Close Gap
- Wyoming sales tax revenues drop in May, June. // Wyoming Business Report;Aug2009, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p2
This section offers news briefs in Wyoming. Sales tax revenues dropped by more than 15 percent in June 2009 resulting to a loss of about 15 million dollars for the state's local governments. A report was released by Wyoming's Economic Analysis Division revealing that the state suffered the...
- The agent or the principal? Desjardins, Yves Albert; Belanger, Anne-Marie // CA Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p45
Focuses on the complexity of laws such as the Excise Tax Act and the Act Respecting the Quebec Sales Tax and their applications for taxpayers and commodity-tax advisers in Canada. Procedure for the laws; Examples of situations regarding the laws; Rules on the supply of goods and services.
- SPLOST Success? DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p31
Reports that voters in Cobb County, Georgia, appear to have narrowly approved a 1 percent special purpose local option sales tax.
- Cook Co. to Sell $150M Of Tax Notes. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32913, p1
The article reports on the plan of Cook County, Illinois to sell $150 million of tax anticipation notes in 2008. It is noted that proceeds from the note sale will supplement the county's operating cash. The note sale represents Cook County's first large new-money sale since 2004. Government...
- Buda sees highest increase in sales tax receipts. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/21/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the continuation of the sales tax boom in Buda, Texas. Allocation from State Comptroller Carole Strayhorn in June 2006; Total sales tax income for the year; Information on Kyle's receipts for the month of June; Other county tax totals for the month.
- Buda sales tax beats larger area towns. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/25/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 28, p11
The article focuses on an increase in the sales tax of Buda, Texas in 2006. Other cities in Texas have larger populations than Buda. Nevertheless, Buda's sales tax is larger than the other cities. The grand opening of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the city is one of the factors that contributed to the...
- Support the state's parks, soils and water sales tax. FORDYCE, RICHARD // Missouri Ruralist;Oct2016, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p12
The author shares his views on the parks, soil, and water sales tax in Missouri that was created in 1984 through a constitutional amendment to support efforts to stop soil erosion and provide funding for the state park system.
- What's fair? Carlino, Bill // Accounting Today;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The author discusses the emergence of the Fair Tax plan in the U.S. According to the author, the Fair Tax Plan would replace all federal income and payroll-based taxes with a multifaceted strategy that includes a national retail sales tax and abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). However,...
- The Tax Man is Comingâ€¦and the Handcuffs are Ready! Loots, James M. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article shows an increased vigilance and bulldog enforcement effort on the part of many state and local governments in the U.S. with respect to what are perhaps the two most common areas for small business tax problems, sales and employment taxes. It discusses fiduciary taxes or trust taxes....