- Fair and Reasonable Price Justification: Judgment - or Market-Based? Battle Jr., Johnny J. // Contract Management;Jan2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p62
The article discusses the factors in the identification of fair and reasonable prices of contracts in the U.S. Comparison of fair and reasonable prices from previously proposed prices is suitable in competitive environments. Design and product have difficulty in determining the prices especially...
- On server trust in private proxy auctions. Di Crescenzo, Giovanni; Herranz, Javier; S�ez, Germ�n // Electronic Commerce Research;Dec2010, Vol. 10 Issue 3/4, p291
We investigate proxy auctions, an auction model which is proving very successful for on-line businesses (e.g., ), where a trusted server manages bids from clients by continuously updating the current price of the item and the currently winning bid as well as keeping private the winning client's...
- BUILDING PROJECTS: OUTSTATE MINNESOTA. // Construction Bulletin;11/26/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 9, p19
This article provides information on building projects in outstate Minnesota. These include government and miscellaneous buildings. Ariington/Gaylord. Sibley Co MN SIBLEY EAST DiSTRiCT 2310 Various Sites - Project Abandoned Estimated Value. $1,475,000 Owner Sibley tast ISD #2310.
- BUILDING PROJECTS: NORTH DAKOTA. // Construction Bulletin;11/26/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 9, p21
This article provides information on building projects in North Dakota. These include governmental and miscellaneous buildings. The low bids announced BiOS: 11/10/2004,11:00 AiVI Estimated Value: $193,810 Owner Abercrombie City Haii, PO Box 132, Abercrombie, ND 58001-0132, 701/553-8515, Attn:...
- Quality's Path To the Boardroom. Palmes, Paul; Liebesman, Sandford // Quality Progress;Oct2003, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on issues related to promote quality assurance in business enterprises of the U.S. Overview of legal provisions on the issue; Assessment of the linkage between auditing and quality control; Appraisal of cost effectiveness of quality assurance methodologies.
- Texas fabricator upgrades operation. // Stone World;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p116
The article informs that Cangelosi Co., a custom fabricator and installer of natural and engineered stone products in the southwest region of the U.S., is a family-run operation led by Vito Cangelosi, who formed the company in 1970 when he began representing stone suppliers and fabricators from...
- COST-CUTTING BENEFITS QUICKLY FADE. // E-Scan Newsletter;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on the hold for cost-cutting initiatives which will likely remain a strategic priority for business enterprises in the U.S. It asserts that any attempt for companies to make a success in cutting costs during a recession seems to deteriorate with time due to reduction programs...
- Outsourcing's new global reach. Bielski, Lauren // ABA Banking Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p79
Discusses several issues concerning offshore outsourcing by companies in the U.S. Cost-effectiveness of outsourcing; Terms of a typical offshore outsourcing deal; Factors to consider in managing the offshore process.
- Competitive Disadvantage. Hansen, Fay // Business Finance;Oct2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p9
The article presents information on the U.S. corporate research and development (R&D) budgets. Innovation drives growth, and R&D drives innovation, but at a time when executives are looking for the next business revolution to boost revenues, the U.S. corporate R&D budgets are under pressure from...