Hedgies Thrive on Volatility in Asia
- Are They Really All That Super? Kelly, Susan // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
The article discusses the importance of hedge funds as an investment option among American investors. Hedge funds have become the superheroes of the investment world, producing outsized returns using a combination of rocket science and leverage. Of course, there's a darker side, as evidenced by...
- Editorial. Satchell, Stephen E. // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p196
Presents information on hedge funds from a consultant's perspective. Factors considered by investors in examining the flow of funds.
- A Boom Predicted For Hedge Funds. // Traders Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 226, p20
Looks into the importance of hedge funds for retail investors in the U.S. market. Factor contributing to the growth in use of hedge funds; Conclusions reached by the report published by Celent Communications; Need for big firms to help hedge fund managers aiming for retirement business.
- Introducing...the Poor Man's Hedge Fund. Revell, Janice // Fortune;3/19/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p194
This article looks at the trends in the hedge funds market as of March 2001. For as little as $1,500, investors can buy fund that usually costs $1 million and employs virtually every risky technique to make money. Hedge fund managers will short stocks, a technique that can result in infinite...
- Performance Characteristics of Hedge Funds and Commodity Funds: Natural vs. Spurious Biases. Fung, William; Hsieh, David A. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p291
It is well known that the pro forma performance of a sample of investment funds contains biases. These biases are documented in Brown, Goetzmann, Ibbotson, and Ross (1992) using mutual funds as subjects. The organization structure of hedge funds, as private and often offshore vehicles, makes...
- New fund for whiz-kid. Skefington, Robert; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;7/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p81
Reports on a three-billion-dollar hedge fund called Eton Park scheduled for launching in October 2004 by the U.S. financier Eric Mindich.
- Hedgehogs Ravaged by Bears. Biggs, Barton // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);2/2/2009 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 153 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the effect that the financial crises of 2008 and 2009 have had on hedge funds. The author indicates that as the economy started to destabilize, hedge funds did not maintain the strength that holders had been guaranteed. The article suggests that hedge funds will have to...
- SS&C GlobeOp Forward Redemptions Indicator Falls In July. Wang, Wicy // Global Custodian News;2013, p115
The SS&C GlobeOp Forward Redemption Indicator for July decreased to 2.71% from 3.88% the previous month.
- Hedge Fund Investment: Multistrategy vs. Fund of Funds. Frank, Jeremy // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on the two options for investors to gain diversified exposure to multiple hedge fund strategies. These strategies are multistrategy funds and hedge fund of funds. It also stresses that the pros and cons of each implementation method are weighed in order to help investors make...