A Continental Cure That Kills?
- Midwest: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Aug. 29, 2003. // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p35
Presents figures regarding various ratings of bond insurance in various states of the U.S. as of September 03, 2003.
- CEOs Agree: Bond Insurers Will Also Be Going Global. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p7
Reports that the heads of major bond insurers in the United States have reached a consensus to move towards a global presence. Views of the chief executive officers of bond insurance firms regarding trends and challenges for 2005 and 2010; Growth in the demand for credit enhancement in global...
- Top Bond Insurers: All of 2000. // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p34
Ranks the top six bond insurers in the United States based on the value of bonds they insured in 2000. Number of bond issues insured by the companies during the year; Notes on how the companies were ranked.
- Without Insurance, Buyers Want The Stories Behind the Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/16/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33617, p18
The article reports on the approach of bond issuers regarding the situation behind the near-disappearance of bond insurance in Chicago, Illinois.
- Long-Term Volume, Bond Insurance Both Set New Records in a Big 2002. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5A
Focuses on the reasons behind the high volume of bond issuance and insurance in the U.S. bond market in 2002. Comparison of volume of bond issuance and bond insurance in 2001 and 2002; Sectors experiencing high insurance penetration; Market shares of bond issuers in 2001 and 2002.
- TBMA adopts uniform disclaimer language for underwriters. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30823, p4
Reports on the Bond Market Association's adoption of a uniform disclaimer language for underwriters. Limits of disclosure responsibilities.
- TRY Versus HUF. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/21/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p3
The article presents forecasts on the performance of Turkish lira versus the Hungarian forint in 2006. It asserts that the Turkish lira would outperform the forint due to superior fundamentals. The outlook for the bond market of Turkey is presented. Moreover, a comparison of the overnight...
- An affine macro-finance term structure model for the euro area. Lemke, Wolfgang // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Mar2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p41
Abstract: A joint model of macroeconomic and term structure dynamics is specified and estimated for the euro area. The model comprises a backward-looking Phillips curve, a dynamic IS equation, a monetary policy rule as well as a specification of the dynamics of trend growth and the natural real...
- Colombia: The Connection Returns. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/20/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p11
The article focuses on the correlation between the Colombian peso and the local debt market. It states that this relationship has returned due to the weakening of the Colombian peso amid global risk aversion. It mentions that the currency weakening is likely to be bad news for the TES 2020 bond...