Gainers & Losers: Phibro/Abitibi
- Chesapeake Posts $2 Billion Loss, Debt Reduction Plan. KUYKENDALL, TAYLOR // State Journal (WV);11/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p11
The article informs that Chesapeake Energy Corp. has reported the loss of two billion U.S. dollars after the announcement of its plans to eliminating two billion U.S dollars loans.
- UnumProvident Announces $562 Million Net Loss In 1Q. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/10/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 18, p7
Reports on a net loss announced by insurance company Unumprovident Corp. of Chattanooga, Tennessee during the first quarter of 2004.
- Corporation Tax�Outline Computations. Jeffrey-Cook, J. // Accountancy;May69, Vol. 80 Issue 909, p354
This article provides information on the Profit and Loss Account of British merchanting company Rocks Ltd. in 1969. Forms unfortunately tend to be associated with government departments, but they can be very helpful when similar types of information or data have to be collected. The use of forms...
- Balancing profit and loss. Henning, Rich // Industrial Laser Solutions;Nov2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the importance of moving the expenses between the income statement and the balance sheet to accurately reflect profit and loss on the income statement in the U.S. Cause of an unbalanced view of the company profitability on the income statement; Accounts on the process of aligning the...
- SSAP 6�fundamental errors. Parfitt, Michael P. // Accountancy;Jan1976, Vol. 87 Issue 989, p15
This article discusses the correction of fundamental errors under Statement of Standard Accountancy Practice of Great Britain. The correction of such fundamental errors should be accounted for not by inclusion in the profit and loss account of the current year but by restating the prior year(s)...
- EARNINGS. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/12/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p4
This article presents financial statements of Michigan-based Lason Inc., for the fourth quaretr of the year ended December 31, 2003. The articles also compares net earnings and net losses of the company, with the same period of the year 2002.
- ONECLICKHR'S DIRECTORS OFFER EXTRAFUNDS AFTER BAD QUARTER. // New Media Age;6/27/2002, p7
Reports on the financial performance of OneClickHR according to a trading statement it released in June 2002. Turnover of the company in the first half of 2002; Amount of its losses in the first half of 2002; Amount that OneClickHR directors will invest in the company.
- Creating a Profit and Loss Account (P&L). // Bloomsbury Business Library - Actionlists & Checklists;2007, p90
The article focuses on the Profit and Loss Account (P&L) of companies. This financial statement measures a company's sales revenues and expenses over a period and provides a calculation of profits or losses during that time. Companies typically issue P&L reports monthly. The reports follow a...
- BORDERS SHRINKS QI LOSS. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;6/1/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p24
The article reports that Borders Group reported a loss of $31.7 million in the three months ended May 3, 2008. The company posted a loss of $35.9 million in the same period in 2007. Same-store sales dropped 4.1% from the same period last year. Borders said it expects its reopened Web store,...