EPA Broadens RCRA Definition of "Hazardous Waste" to Include Mixtures and Derivatives
- USING ALASKA V. EPA TO UNMASK THE CLEAN AIR ACT. Bridges, Bonnie // Energy Law Journal;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p431
Discusses the case Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation v. the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Enforcement of the Clean Air Act in Alaska; Basis of the court in its decision; Analysis of the case.
- DEFENDERS OF WILDLIFE V. EPA: TESTING THE BOUNDARIES OF FEDERAL AGENCY POWER UNDER THE ESA. Bosse, Sherry L. // Environmental Law (00462276);Summer2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p1025
In August 2005, the Ninth Circuit reversed an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) decision to delegate National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting authority to the state of Arizona under the Clean Water Act (CWA) in Defenders of Wildlife v. EPA. The lead plaintiff,...
- IN BRIEF. GARRETT, THEODORE L. // Trends (15339556);Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p8
The article offers information on judgments of several court cases of the U.S. In the Bankcorpsouth Bank case, the court dismissed bank's misrepresentation claims against companies which prepared environmental remediation plan. A court remanded the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)...
- CASE SUMMARIES. // Environmental Law (00462276);Summer2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p907
The article presents case summaries related to Environment and Natural Resources decided by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals between March 2005 to 2006. These include the Ninth Circuit's decision not to apply the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act in ARC...
- No Ethanol Needed: California Wins Reconsideration of its Request for an Oxygenate Waiver. Saral, Katherine // Ecology Law Quarterly;2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p767
Focuses on the outcome of an environmental lawsuit case filed by former California Governor Gray Davis against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2004. Background of the lawsuit; Investigation of the reason behind the refusal of the agency to issue the state a waiver of the federal...
- Judge Backs Industry Suit Against EPA Mining Actions. RICKMAN, JOHNATHAN // Energy Daily;1/20/2011, Issue 13, p3
This article reports that Judge Reggie Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has ruled that the coal industry might prevail in litigation arguing that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) exceeded its authority in several regulatory initiatives aimed at cracking own...
- LAWSUIT FILED TO PROTECT GRASSLANDS. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep2011, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p46
The article discusses a court case wherein the U.S. National Wildlife Federation (NWF) filed suit against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), citing the EPA's failure to enforce laws that protected threatened grasslands from agricultural development.
- EPA faces lawsuit over Clean Air Act. // National Petroleum News;Nov97, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the collaboration of different industry and state government groups to file a lawsuit against the US Environmental Protection Agency for its Clean Air Act of 1990 standards.
- Opinion: Supremes Court Gives Landowners A Victory. Marshall, Troy // Beef Expert Blog;3/30/2012, p20
The author discusses the ruling issued by the U.S. Supreme Court on the case Sackett v. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which involved home construction on alleged wetlands in Idaho.