Supreme Court Allows Mexican Trucks To Enter the United States Without Environmental Impact Assessments
- California Court of Appeal Rules on Validity of California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines. Guerra, Alicia; Zischke, Michael H. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q4, p1
The article reports on the ruling issued by a California Court of Appeal on the validity of several provisions of the state Guidelines for the California Environmental Quality Act. A guideline which directed lead agencies to determine that environmental impacts are insignificant if those impacts...
- Tread Lightly. Allen, Hollis // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov2008, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses ways to improve fuel economy and reduce the environmental impact of their automobiles. According to Enterprise Fleet Management, anyone can achieve these goals through smarter driving and maintenance. The article offers driving tips and explains their impact on the...
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Madagascar Country Review;2011, p224
The article offers information on international environmental associations, agreements, and conventions including Climate Change Summit in Copenhagen, Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context, and Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Bulgaria Country Review;2010, p111
The article highlights the global environmental forecasts of Africa, Asia and the Pacific and Central Asia.
- Apartheid's dirty legacy. Armstrong, Sue // New Scientist;9/10/94, Vol. 143 Issue 1942, p6
Reports on the assessment of South Africa's environmental problems by Canada's International Development Research Center. Overcrowding in the homelands reserved for black people which led to the plundering of natural resources; Lack of formal plans to provide proper housing or services in the...
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Syria Country Review;2013, p252
The article offers information on global environmental conditions.
- Preface. McDonald, Michael E. // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Sep2000, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p1
Presents a preface to the September 1, 2000 issue of the journal "Environmental Monitoring and Assessment."
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Bahrain Country Review;2010, p112
The article discusses the global environmental concepts including the global warming and greenhouse gases, air pollution, and ozone depletion.
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Lebanon Country Review;2009, p161
The article provides an overview on the environmental situation facing each region of the world including Africa, Central Asia and Europe.