Consider billing for some unrelated services
- Controversy surrounding consultation, code continues. Painter, Ray // Urology Times;Feb2002, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p38
Focuses on the controversy on the Medicare Carriers Manual in the United States. Definition of consultation; Criteria of consultation; Rules on treatment initiation.
- You Be the Billing Expert. // Medical Office Billing & Collections Alert;Jan2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, pp5
The article provides an answer to a question focusing on Medicare individual payer consultation rules.
- FREE DRUG CONSULTS. Acklin, Cara; SerVaas, Cory; Braun, Wendy // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 288 Issue 1, p72
The article discusses how to be eligible for more comprehensive quarterly and annual consults to review drugs, address questions, and create an action plan that reviews the discussion and recommendations covered by a Medicare drug plan.
- Medicare proposes substantial changes to physician fee schedule. // Family Practice Management;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p20
The article reports on the proposed fee schedule for Medicare physicians in the U.S. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has announced changes on its fee schedule associated with patient evaluation and management. The proposed fee would effect the increase for payments for evaluation...
- No limit on number of consults doctors can provide. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Mar2002, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p72
Answers several questions about Medicare-related problems in the U.S. Reimbursement for medical consultations; Use of CPT codes 99301-99303 for nursing home admission; Denial of a claim for the use of lidocaine.
- MEDICARE MATTERS. Self, Don // Geriatrics;Jan2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p72
Answers Medicare-related questions. Medicare reimbursement for phone or fax consultations; Means for billing Medicare for the discharge of a Medicare patient from a low level hospital and his admission into a high level hospital the same day; Code to use when the Emergency Department physician...
- Is It a Visit or a Consult? Malkin, Kenneth F. // Podiatry Management;Feb2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p43
Illustrates some scenarios about billing medical consultations in the U.S. Financial impact of billing medical consultations; Rules for billing consultation codes that appear in the Medicare Carriers Manual; Pointers on consultation codes.
- IN MEMORIAM... David Felsenthal. // Modern Healthcare;11/22/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p34
The article presents an obituary for David Felsenthal, a healthcare valuation pioneer and co-founder of Principle Valuation.
- Consultations. // Medical Economics;8/5/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 15, p21
Focuses on the appropriate use of consultation codes and Medicare's documentation requirements to prevent Medicare scrutiny of consultation claims in the U.S. Confirmation of the consult request in the patient's medical record; Provision of written report of the opinion to the requesting...