COUNTERPOINT: THE CASE AGAINST PROFILING
- The Ethics of Racial Profiling: Introduction. Ryberg, Jesper // Journal of Ethics;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including racial profiling and law enforcement, ethical philosophy attached to racial profiling and justification to racial profiling.
- My Family Has Been Racially Profiled Everywhere From Harvard to Our Own Home. Shockley, Madison T. // Tennessee Tribune;9/4/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p7A
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being racially profiled.
- BEYOND PROFILING: RACE, POLICING, AND THE DRUG WAR. Banks, R. Richard // Stanford Law Review;Dec2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p571
Examines the focus on racial profiling that burdens the innocent, in an aim to reorient debate about race, policing, and the drug war in the U.S. Rationale behind racial profiling; Campaign against racing profiling; Reasons for the abandonment of racial profiling.
- Of Race and Roads. Brownstein, Rhonda // Intelligence Report;Summer2009, Issue 134, p1
The article offers views concerning the law enforcement traffic stops based on race in the U.S. The Department of Justice reveal that the amount of assets seized by law enforcement agencies enrolled in drug enforcement program has reached from $567 million to $1.6 billion in 2004-2008. It shows...
- Racial Profiling and Jury Trials. Lever, Annabelle // Jury Expert;Jan2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on legal issues which involves the participation of police practice in racial profiling in the U.S. jury selection system. According to the author, no justification has been developed for stoning the police practice against racial difference and inequality because of some...
- Racial Profiling and Administrative Action. Ward, James D. // PA Times;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Discusses administrative action on the practice of racial profiling among law enforcement agencies in the United States. Targeting of minority motorist for traffic violation as a pretext to search for evidence of criminal activity; Role of data collection in the prevention of racial profiling;...
- LET US LIBERATE OURSELVES. Boyd, Herb // Black Scholar;Fall2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p9
Presents an article that talks about the critical issues facing the black community and its impact to the government in the U.S. Demand for reparations; Series of spirited rallies and demonstrations; Rash of racial profiling and police brutality.
- New Jersey trappers? Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;04/12/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 15, p1
Reports on complaints of racial profiling conducted by the New Jersey state police troopers. State trooper Vincent Bellaran's testimony that the upper ranks of the state police are pervaded with racism; Lawyers Felix Morka and Lalia Maher's testimonies of being accosted by state troopers while...
- Profiling papers released. // State Government News;Jan2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the move of New Jersey Attorney General John J. Farmer Jr. to release state documents on racial profiling by state police. Factor which prompted Farmer to release the state documents; Allegations on the state profiling by state police against minority automobile drivers; Advantages...