COUNTERPOINT: THE CASE AGAINST PROFILING
- The Ethics of Racial Profiling: Introduction. Ryberg, Jesper // Journal of Ethics;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including racial profiling and law enforcement, ethical philosophy attached to racial profiling and justification to racial profiling.
- BEYOND PROFILING: RACE, POLICING, AND THE DRUG WAR. Banks, R. Richard // Stanford Law Review;Dec2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p571
Examines the focus on racial profiling that burdens the innocent, in an aim to reorient debate about race, policing, and the drug war in the U.S. Rationale behind racial profiling; Campaign against racing profiling; Reasons for the abandonment of racial profiling.
- Of Race and Roads. Brownstein, Rhonda // Intelligence Report;Summer2009, Issue 134, p1
The article offers views concerning the law enforcement traffic stops based on race in the U.S. The Department of Justice reveal that the amount of assets seized by law enforcement agencies enrolled in drug enforcement program has reached from $567 million to $1.6 billion in 2004-2008. It shows...
- Racial Profiling and Jury Trials. Lever, Annabelle // Jury Expert;Jan2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on legal issues which involves the participation of police practice in racial profiling in the U.S. jury selection system. According to the author, no justification has been developed for stoning the police practice against racial difference and inequality because of some...
- LET US LIBERATE OURSELVES. Boyd, Herb // Black Scholar;Fall2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p9
Presents an article that talks about the critical issues facing the black community and its impact to the government in the U.S. Demand for reparations; Series of spirited rallies and demonstrations; Rash of racial profiling and police brutality.
- Profile, But Pay. Lukas, Aaron // Regulation;Spring2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p10
Comments on the practice of racial profiling by U.S. airlines. Disadvantages of the application of equal scrutiny to airplane passengers; Ways to compensate people who undergo strict scrutiny; Factors to consider in the implementation of a compensation system.
- New administration may bring new tactics to end racial profiling. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;03/08/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on the plan of Attorney General John Ashcroft to pass a racial profiling legislation to stop racial discrimination in the United States. Approval of the American Civil Liberties Union; Accounts on the letter addressed to the Senate Judiciary Committee; Racial disparities in the...
- Does racial profiling make us safer? Estrich, Susan // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p5B
No abstract available.
- Profiling papers released. // State Government News;Jan2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the move of New Jersey Attorney General John J. Farmer Jr. to release state documents on racial profiling by state police. Factor which prompted Farmer to release the state documents; Allegations on the state profiling by state police against minority automobile drivers; Advantages...