COUNTERPOINT: THE CASE AGAINST PROFILING
- My Family Has Been Racially Profiled Everywhere From Harvard to Our Own Home. Shockley, Madison T. // Tennessee Tribune;9/4/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p7A
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being racially profiled.
- The Ethics of Racial Profiling: Introduction. Ryberg, Jesper // Journal of Ethics;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1/2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including racial profiling and law enforcement, ethical philosophy attached to racial profiling and justification to racial profiling.
- BEYOND PROFILING: RACE, POLICING, AND THE DRUG WAR. Banks, R. Richard // Stanford Law Review;Dec2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p571
Examines the focus on racial profiling that burdens the innocent, in an aim to reorient debate about race, policing, and the drug war in the U.S. Rationale behind racial profiling; Campaign against racing profiling; Reasons for the abandonment of racial profiling.
- Of Race and Roads. Brownstein, Rhonda // Intelligence Report;Summer2009, Issue 134, p1
The article offers views concerning the law enforcement traffic stops based on race in the U.S. The Department of Justice reveal that the amount of assets seized by law enforcement agencies enrolled in drug enforcement program has reached from $567 million to $1.6 billion in 2004-2008. It shows...
- Does racial profiling make us safer? Estrich, Susan // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p5B
No abstract available.
- ROAD WORK: RACIAL PROFILING AND DRUG INTERDICTION ON THE HIGHWAY. Gross, Samuel R.; Barnes, Katherine Y. // Michigan Law Review;Dec2002, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p653
Examines data on racial profiling in highway searches for drugs in Maryland from January 1995 through June 2000. Stops, searches and hits by the Maryland State Police by race and ethnicity; Types and quantities of drugs found; Changes in the practices of the Maryland State Police.
- Racial Profiling and Jury Trials. Lever, Annabelle // Jury Expert;Jan2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on legal issues which involves the participation of police practice in racial profiling in the U.S. jury selection system. According to the author, no justification has been developed for stoning the police practice against racial difference and inequality because of some...
- Northwest Constitutional Rights Center Fights Police Misconduct. Querreal, Alejandro // Guild Notes;Spring2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
The article features the Northwest Constitutional Rights Center (NWCRC), which aims to eliminate racial profiling, protect the rights of political activists, and to ensure that police are held accountable for abusive and illegal actions in the Portland, Oregon. The Center has appealed to the...
- Racial Profiling and Administrative Action. Ward, James D. // PA Times;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Discusses administrative action on the practice of racial profiling among law enforcement agencies in the United States. Targeting of minority motorist for traffic violation as a pretext to search for evidence of criminal activity; Role of data collection in the prevention of racial profiling;...