Muni Funds Go a Bit Negative With $6 Million Net Outflow
- Following Torrent, Muni Outflows Slow to $383M in August. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p6
Reports on the decline of the net outflows in recent months from municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. Continuation of the bond prices; Reinvestment of dividends and money market fund data; Assessment of the economic conditions.
- With '04 Behind Them, Muni Funds Gain $870M in January. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p6
The article reports that, according to Investment Company Institute data, municipal bond mutual fund inflows grew to $870 million in January and equity fund inflows slowed to $8,718 billion. The sizeable inflows into municipal funds contrasted with a dismal 2004, in which the funds experienced...
- Muni Woes Set Off Withdrawal Stampede. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;1/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that financial difficulties with U.S. municipal governments sparked a sell off in municipal bond mutual fund markets during a week in January 2011.
- Muni Inflows Grow in July; Assets Up $423 Billion Year to Date. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p6
Reports that municipal bond mutual fund inflows in the U.S. have reached their highest level so far in 2005 during July, according to the Investment Co. Institute. Exclusion of reinvested dividends and money market fund data in the totals, which apply only to open-end funds; Decline in the sales...
- More Bad News From Heartland. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p1
Reports on the decrease in dividends paid by the Heartland High-Yield Municipal Bond Fund for the year 2000. Rate of the decrease according to observers; Calculation of the extent of the decrease.
- Munis closed up in modest trading. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p1
Reports on the modest closing of municipal bond prices on May 1, 1998. Estimated gains of tax-exempts; Market speculation on a mutual-fund company's creation of a new fund; Total new issues that will hit the market; Long Power Island Authority fixed-rate electric system general revenue bond...
- Losses Reach $1.5 Billion in October, the Worst Since 2000. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31523, p7
Reports on the loss suffered by municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. during October 2002 which was the worst since 2000. Level of volatility experienced by the municipal bond market in twenty years; Statistics of shareholder redemptions from municipal funds and net inflow; Status of assets...
- Muni Inflows Extend Slide, May Soon Turn Negative. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32270, p7
The article reports on the slide in municipal bond fund net inflows for the third consecutive month to $243 million in October 2005 from $1.01 billion in September 2005. The results could turn negative in November with weekly reporting funds having reported three consecutive weeks of net...
- Weekly Reporting Funds Take In $197 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p6
Focuses on the net inflow of weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.