Moody's Lowers Ithaca, N.Y., Ahead of Sale
- NEW JERSEY: Bans in Jersey City. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32566, p31
The article reports that Jersey City will competitively sell $17 million of fixed-rate bonds that will convert maturing bond anticipation notes to long-term debt in New Jersey. According to Robbi Acampora, president of Capital Financial Advisors Inc., insurance will be offered at the bidder's...
- Hamilton, Mass., GOs Cut to A1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32221, p2
Reports on the downgrading of the bond rating for the multi-million unlimited tax general obligation bonds of the town of Hamilton, Massachusetts by Moody's Investors Service Inc. value of long-term debt affected by the ratings downgrade; Factors prompting the agency to downgrade the bonds.
- Medical Center Gains S&P Upgrade to BB-Minus. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p44
Reports that Standard&Poor has upgraded the rating on bonds of Detroit Medical Center issued through the Michigan State Hospital Finance Authority for the hospital system to two notches to BB-minus from B with a positive outlook in Detroit, Michigan. Amount of outstanding long-term debt of the...
- News In Brief: St. Olaf College, Minn., Upgraded. // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p2
Reports that U.S.-based rating agency Moody's Investor Service Inc. has upgraded the long-term debt rating of Saint Olaf College, Minnesota. Facts regarding the rise in bond rating of the college; Steady enrollment of the college due to its strong market position.
- Buffalo Overseer Upgraded. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p39
The article reports on the upgrade of the ratings of Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority's bond by Moody's Investors Services Inc. in New York. The said upgrade is also applicable to 98.8 million dollars of other long-term debt of the authority. It has also 90 million dollars of outstanding bond...
- Santa Clara County, Calif., Agency Sets Its First Competitive Deal. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p44
The article reports on the decision of the Financing Authority of the Santa Clara County, California to sell its competitive issue of long-term debt. About ten underwriters have signed up on the bidding platform including the Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Goldman, Sachs & Co. The proceeds of...
- THE BOND-BUYER NEW ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32135, p8
The article presents a calendar of information related to stocks, stock market, public debts, bonds, taxation et al.
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31316, p32
Presents information about changes in bond ratings as of February 1, 2002. Different types of bonds; Amount of bonds; Comments of bond issuers.
- DOES AGENCY COSTS OF DEBT AFFECT THE BOND CONVEXITY? Minje Jung; Ice, Randal; Black, Stephen; Shaw, Ronald // Mustang Journal of Business & Ethics;2010, Issue 1, p86
Convexity is a measure of bond's inherent capability to resist price decline as interest rates rise. It is also a measure of bond's natural quality to increase in as interest rates fall. Obviously, convexity is a desirable characteristic of bond, and yet it has not been included in the set of...